Beginners and Beyond

Phantasmagoric Friday Penguins (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

After not running for 2 days, I had to get out to make sure I remembered how. 2 for me this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  My MP run was a bit rougher than I wanted but my asthma was bad yesterday.

Good luck tomorrow, PAD!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Good luck PAD!

I honestly thought I would have to take today off after yesterday's run beat me up but I was actually fine this morning - 4 easy miles done, some sort of strength workout at the gym later.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  The Maundy Thursday service last night was quite nice -- very peaceful and reflective.  Now I have a normal day (believe it or not), then a massage tomorrow.  I am SOOO looking forward to that!!

PAD -- Glad you remembered how to run!!

Docket -- Have a good 6 tonight!!

Lauren -- Glad you were fine, and woo-hoo for your 4 easy!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Yesterday I was a complete bum and skipped my planned 5 easy.  So today I'll probably do 7 or 8 to at least make up for some of that skipped mileage.  My ankle was a bit sore yesterday but I probably could have toughed it out.  Laziness (and the Sopranos) won yesterday.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

Lot of rest before tomorrow's half. Doing some sight seeing in downtown Savannah with Robert and Angie. Pics are showing up on FB. Temps will be warm for tomorrow's run.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Mitch,  sounds like a great trip.  Good luck tomorrow.

PAD,  good luck!

Jill,  have a nice 7.

Lauren,  fantastic that you feel good after that workout!

Damaris,  hope today's run is better.

Hopesmom,  enjoy the massage!

Rest day for me.  I kinda need it,  and also there's too much to do for our move tomorrow!

GinnyinPA

Busy weekend for some.  Happy Easter/Passover!

PAD - good luck with the marathon.  You must be so excited!  I hope the two miles felt good.

D - I hope your lungs are feeling better.  Good luck with your run this evening.

Lauren - good job on the early four.  Funny how resilient our bodies can be after a hard workout.

HopesMom - enjoy your massage.

sapf - I hope your ankle behaves and you get a good run in this afternoon.

Mitch - I'm sure you're having fun with Robert and TJ.  Good luck with your race tomorrow.

Robert - I hope you're feeling better.

Brilliant - good luck tomorrow.  Moving is such a PITA, even when you aren't going that far.

AFM:  Another rainy rest day.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I must have been tired last night.  After I went to bed, slept like a log and didn't even hear my alarm go off this morning.  Luckily, my cat decided it was time for me to get up, so stood on my chest and meowed in my face till I woke up, lol.  Maybe the heat on my run/walk after work yesterday got to me a bit.  I started about 5 pm. and it was already 85 degrees, with a 'feels like' temp of 88, humidity of nearly 100 percent as thunderstorm was threatening, and dew-point of 68.  I was pretty drenched in sweat by the time I finished 3.5 miles.  Texas summer is coming, got to reacclimatize to it again!   Today is a rest day and tomorrow I am doing the Diploma Dash 5K at the university where I work.

Happy April 3rd!  Besides good Friday, today's holidays are:

Pony Express Day  - and penguin style...

Penguin Riding

Tweed Day (does anyone were tweed anymore?)

Hospital Admitting Clerks Day

Size of this preview: 464 × 479 pixels . Other resolution: 232 × 240 ...

National Chocolate Mousse Day

Junk I Find on the Internet

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Lot of rest before tomorrow's half. Doing some sight seeing in downtown Savannah with Robert and Angie. Pics are showing up on FB. Temps will be warm for tomorrow's run.

good luck with the half tomorrow, Mitch!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Uggg, Brilliant, moving is such a pain.  During my Air Force days I moved QUITE a lot.     Good luck with your move, hope everything goes well and you don't lose anything in the transition.

Good morning Penguins!

Mitch,  sounds like a great trip.  Good luck tomorrow.

PAD,  good luck!

Jill,  have a nice 7.

Lauren,  fantastic that you feel good after that workout!

Damaris,  hope today's run is better.

Hopesmom,  enjoy the massage!

Rest day for me.  I kinda need it,  and also there's too much to do for our move tomorrow!

Singer who runs a smidge

Mmmm ... chocolate mousse!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Agreed.  I love mousse.

Have fun at your race tomorrow Scotty.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I feel way better!  Got my bad tooth pulled yesterday.

had a blast touring historic downtown Savannah today with Mitch and Connie.

Running for TJ because he can't.