Beginners and Beyond

The PI's of March Penguin Weekend. (Read 25 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Guess I'll run the 5k in a couple of hours.

Good luck to all the weekend racers!

Hope for clouds Brill.

Brilliant

Happy Pi Day, Penguins!

Have a great 5k, PAD.

2 easy miles for me later.  I got a new watch at the expo yesterday.  TomTom gave it to me free for 30 days - I need to either send it back to them by then, or they'll charge my credit card.  It's the Runner Cardio (Damaris you'll owe me another $300 hahaha!).  I played with it a bit yesterday and it seems pretty intuitive, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it tomorrow.  I don't want to do anything tomorrow that might throw me off mentally- what if I push the wrong button, oh the horror!  My current Garmin FR10 is very basic, but I've been using it for two years and I know exactly what to expect.

on my way to badass

Happy PI day today and Ides of March tomorrow Penguins.  Happy Marathon Brilliant.  Fingers crossed that the weatherman got it wrong.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Pi Day !!

Have a good 5K, PAD.

Does the Tom Tom tell you when to hydrate, Bri?

Hi Stone !!!

Bike path LR today (finally).  That would be 10 miles for us. There will probably be a few snowy sections to tip toe through.

Have a great weekend and good luck racers.

Docket_Rocket

Happy Pi Day, Penguins!

Have a great 5k, PAD.

2 easy miles for me later.  I got a new watch at the expo yesterday.  TomTom gave it to me free for 30 days - I need to either send it back to them by then, or they'll charge my credit card.  It's the Runner Cardio (Damaris you'll owe me another $300 hahaha!).  I played with it a bit yesterday and it seems pretty intuitive, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it tomorrow.  I don't want to do anything tomorrow that might throw me off mentally- what if I push the wrong button, oh the horror!  My current Garmin FR10 is very basic, but I've been using it for two years and I know exactly what to expect.

Haha.  Is it the Multi Sport or the Cardio?  Same HRM in the wrist, right?  I love mine!  This is one is basic too.  You'll get the gist of it soon.  I have a FIT file made of each run (check the review by dcrainmaker, it will tell you how to set it up) so I can upload the workouts into RA.  Good luck tomorrow!

Morning!  6.15 miles with hubby.  He is still out there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

WHAT EVEN JUST HAPPENED. 10 miles done in the rain with the last 5.5 ish at MP. Took me a little bit to find my groove but the last 3 miles were 8:50, 8:51, 8:48. 8s! And they felt GOOD! And I could speak in sentences while running that pace!

GinnyinPA

Good luck to all the weekend racers.

Brilliant - does your FR10 last long enough to do the whole marathon?  I switched to the FR15 because it has a longer battery.  You might try wearing both watches, jic.

PAD, Scotty, Mitch - hope the 5ks went well.

Hi SF.

Jerry - good luck on the 10 miles.  Tiptoe softly through the ice fields.

D - good job on the early miles.

Lauren - great job on the rainy run.

AFM:  It's rainy here too, so I'll probably do my 6 on the TM later.  I like cutback weeks.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5 hot, sweaty, stinky miles. It is already hot.

Good luck, tomorrow, Brill. Drink, drink, and drink some more.

Traci and Hog have some great news, but I'll let them share it. Smile

Shopping, Costo, etc... on tap for today and DD1 has the Sadie's dance tonight so we "get" to go meet the kids somewhere beforehand to take pictures. Happy times! Sigh...

PADRunner

2 mile warmup

1 mile fun run. 10:03

5k 30:26 -- 9:13, 9:18, 9:42, 9:44 Need to even it out better...

1 mile cool down

A little over 7 for the day.

Brilliant

Ginny, funny you should mention the battery life of the FR10.  I was looking at last year's marathon data and see it died at 5:08.  So now we know what my course limit is for tomorrow! Smile

Damaris it's the Runner Cardio with HRM, same as the multi-sport but doesn't have the pool & bike settings.  I'll spend some time on DC Rainmaker's website to figure out the nitty gritty.  Jerry, don't think it has a hydrate reminder. Smile

Lauren, great job!!

Jack, have a fun day.  I'd rather take a beating than go to Costco on a Saturday!

PAD, nice running.

SF, hi!

Brilliant

Traci and Hog have some great news, but I'll let them share it. Smile

ooh...I am waiting with baited breath!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

10.5 and feeling good.

From the Internet.

I am impatient so I Facebook stalked Mitch and Traci to see their news, haha Smile Nice job, guys!

Good luck tomorrow Brill! Stay hydrated!

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 miles around the island in the rain this morning.

Congrats to my Alabama running friends Mitch and Traci!

Running for TJ because he can't.