Beginners and Beyond

Howl at the Moon 5 Mile Trail Race (my first trail race and at night) (Read 94 times)

Love the Half

Meh. I enjoy the challenge. At Laurel this weekend lots of people got lost. My friend Anne got pulled at mile 39 for missing the cutoff after she got lost at mile 32 and lost over an hour. One of our relay runners also got lost and then got injured trying to find her way back to the trail. It's just the name of the game for these types of races. I've gotten pretty darn good at balancing watching my feet and the trail with looking for blazes and markings. It takes practice, just like anything else. Smile

Wow.  Taking a DNF or getting injured so that you lose fitness because you can't run.  Sounds like a great time.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh LTH, some runners are crazier than others, nothing wrong with a bit of trail running Smile.  I am sure without a doubt if something like that happened then I would regret it, but I'm not going to stay off trails just out of fear, though DNF definitely sucks.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

You are hardcore if you do trail races at night.  I would have broken a foot or something.

Great job!  Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

+1000

lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

... part of me does have the little voice that screams "don't trip, if you trip you will be screwed" lol.... But I have an uncanny center of balance and have never tripped while on the trails, even when racing downhill with a bunch of roots and crap.. Trail running is awesome, and even better at night!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)