Beginners and Beyond

Monday, September 19 (Read 33 times)

LRB

Good morning,

I have 4 on the agenda here shortly, then I need to decide what to do with the rest of those yummy doughnuts I bought the other night (freeze them, or take them to work where my coworkers will incinerate them bitches with the quickness!).

Oh, and I am volunteering at the Detroit Free Press Marathon expo. Stop by and say hi, so I can offer you my condolences. lol

bluerun

Super B****

It took me over two hours to fall asleep last night, and I woke up 45 minutes before my alarm.  I want to cry.  Today is going to be interminable.

25 trainer miles.  (I get to sit down and sleep while doing that!)

And thank you for writing "doughnuts."  I am eternally grateful!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got in 6.6 before 5AM.  I've got shit to do and must get after it early - let's go to work.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Happy Monday, internet friends!  It's finally raining today!  HOORAY!!  Busy weekend...I didn't really get a chance to relax until late yesterday afternoon.

Easy day today....just a 4 mile run to do later.  My good knee was sore as hell after my HM Saturday, which concerned me a bit.  Then I ran five more miles and it felt fine, and today it feels fine.  We'll see how today's run goes.  I'm thinking it might be a grumpy IT band.

<3

onemile

SRD

Half Crazy K 2.0

It is finally raining. Yesterday at multiple times, AccuWeather said rain would begin in 10 minutes. Um, no.

I have a blister in the side of my middle toe. How on earth does this happen?

Dave

Oh, and I am volunteering at the Detroit Free Press Marathon expo. Stop by and say hi, so I can offer you my condolences. lol

You finally got smart and decided to be on the right side of the registration table.

Dave

LRB

You finally got smart and decided to be on the right side of the registration table.

I'll be blinded by the twinkle in 40,000 eyeballs.

It's funny though how we grow as people; my heart was ripped out in 2013 when I had to DNS it. Now, 3 years later, you couldn't pay me to run it. Of course, being in the midst of the excitement that weekend might change my viewpoint on that. Sort of like Jenny was with Boston last spring.

LRB

It is finally raining. Yesterday at multiple times, AccuWeather said rain would begin in 10 minutes. Um, no.

I have a blister in the side of my middle toe. How on earth does this happen?

Running in high humidity over the course of the season?

LRB

Good morning!

I got in 6.6 before 5AM.  I've got shit to do and must get after it early - let's go to work.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Bam!

LRB

Happy Monday, internet friends!  It's finally raining today!  HOORAY!!  Busy weekend...I didn't really get a chance to relax until late yesterday afternoon.

Easy day today....just a 4 mile run to do later.  My good knee was sore as hell after my HM Saturday, which concerned me a bit.  Then I ran five more miles and it felt fine, and today it feels fine.  We'll see how today's run goes.  I'm thinking it might be a grumpy IT band.

Moral of the story; when something hurts, run until it doesn't. lol

LRB

It took me over two hours to fall asleep last night, and I woke up 45 minutes before my alarm.  I want to cry.  Today is going to be interminable.

25 trainer miles.  (I get to sit down and sleep while doing that!)

And thank you for writing "doughnuts."  I am eternally grateful!

Is there another way to spell it? I'm so out of touch. lol

You could start a new trend, Sleep & Spin. Big grin

LRB

My 4 was nice. I felt good despite the slowed pace. 👍

I'll be blinded by the twinkle in 40,000 eyeballs.

It's funny though how we grow as people; my heart was ripped out in 2013 when I had to DNS it. Now, 3 years later, you couldn't pay me to run it. Of course, being in the midst of the excitement that weekend might change my viewpoint on that. Sort of like Jenny was with Boston last spring.

Ah yes, I remember my 2013 Detroit DNS. Anyway, I expect you may become wistful and wish you had registered. Alternatively, if you want to feel good about your decision not to run it, work the Mile 23 aid station. The faces of those people will bring it all back to you.

Dave