Beginners and Beyond

June Goals (Read 51 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We are just about over with 2015, half way through baby!!!!

So post your goals for this month Smile

• No racing
    • Staying healthy and injury free
    • Average 30-35 mpw
    • Eat more salads and less junk food
    • Don't lose what sanity I have left

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I want to run 100 miles.

StepbyStep-SH

Since I'm still on the comeback trail from knee surgery, very conservative goals:

80-100 miles

Half-marathon in 2:20 or so - using walking breaks (Amending this to 2:30 if the forecast for a high of 90* and full sun that day holds)

Continue strengthening and see if I can jog an easy downhill without knee pain by the end of the month

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

1. Solid month of training (good mileage without forgetting faster running)

2. Avoid injury

For my third objective, I'll go with something more realistic than last month

3. Run with  happylily  the wolves

delicate flower

A couple of PR's and 200+ miles would be nice, but really I just want to be a good person.

<3

LRB

In a sport known for its ups and downs, things seem like they have been more down than up this year.

I am not going to worry over it though. If I can run great, if I can resume training even better. If not, there is always Cedar Point.

bluerun

Super B****

15K PR.

Wouldn't mind a 10K PR too, but that isn't a priority right now.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In a sport known for its ups and downs, things seem like they have been more down than up this year.

I am not going to worry over it though. If I can run great, if I can resume training even better. If not, there is always Cedar Point.

Phil, being a good person probably comes pretty naturally for you.

Rick, I know what you mean on the more downs than ups, I am definitely not where I was a year ago mileage/running wise. Hoping it will get better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Stay healthy

RSX

175 and no bonks

LRB

To not see a clown when I look in the mirror. 

LRB

To not see a clown when I look in the mirror. 

Couldn't even do me that solid, FFS.

delicate flower

A couple of PR's and 200+ miles would be nice, but really I just want to be a good person.

A HM PR, a couple of AG awards in other races, and my first two triathlons.  That'd be a decent year.  210 miles.  I'd like to be in the 240-250 range...not going to happen in July.  

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Since I'm still on the comeback trail from knee surgery, very conservative goals:

80-100 miles

Half-marathon in 2:20 or so - using walking breaks (Amending this to 2:30 if the forecast for a high of 90* and full sun that day holds)

Continue strengthening and see if I can jog an easy downhill without knee pain by the end of the month

1. Missed it - took a week off while traveling, only 60 miles

2. Missed that, too - 2:25. It wasn't as hot as originally predicted, but apparently couch to 13.1 in 7 weeks isn't a great training plan

3. Oops. Didn't do very well with my exercises, either, though I have been able to jog slopes that aren't too steep.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

bluerun

Super B****

15K PR.

Wouldn't mind a 10K PR too, but that isn't a priority right now.

Done.  (And done, along with a 5K PR and a 4-mile PR.  So yay?)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog