Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Where We Ask The question, If Men Are Dogs... (Read 220 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Are dogs men?  Big grin

Jeepofspades

Morning Rick!

Thats how they are when we're not watching....

planning a 5 mile run tonight.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning Rick, Morning Jeepster! Happy Mondailies!

Home from work, last night shift completed, and I'm enjoying a Samual Adams Winter Lager. Which means that I'll probably wake up an hour after I get to sleep to un-drink the same. Smile

Originally planned my long run for today, 9 miles, but that depends on the weather. I'll see how things look when I wake up around noon. We've had a good amount of rain over the last 12 hours, and it's still coming down a bit. Temperature has dropped about 25 degrees as well. If it's really sloppy, I'll do a shorter run in my older shoes and save the long run for Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Morning Dailies! Long run yesterday, off to the pool in a few minutes!

LRB, that poor doggie! Some guy probably bribed him with a beer.

Tom and Jeep, enjoy your runs!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Well at least men are better behaved than dogs! Right?

Did 90 minutes on the bike trainer yesterday along with about 24 body weight exercises.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Morning everyone and happy monday hope its a good one!

Second day of rest for me............feeling a twinge of pain in my left ankle and uncomfortable feeling in my right knee. I'm 49 years old and have been running and trying to get in shape for 6 months.......I didn't know where runnung was going to take me when I started, it's a pretty cool place to be and look forward to continuing........just need some patience.

ill at least get to the gm tonight.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

I need coffee!

LRB, my cats sit like that.  Hershey thinks he is human for sure and sleeps with his head on our pillow and everything.

Jeep, enjoy your 5.

Tom, enjoy your downtime.

Beth, enjoy the pool workout.

Gustav, great workouts yesterday.

Sparker, sorry about the twinge.  Hope it's nothing major.

Off to work!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Good Morning Dailies!

Well at least men are better behaved than dogs! Right?

Did 90 minutes on the bike trainer yesterday along with about 24 body weight exercises.

I don't know about that.  Dogs are trainable. Wink

Called out of work to stay home with the sick Princess.  Hopefully she'll be able to eat today.  Maybe I'll hit the kettle bell while she naps.

Do you even run?

Good morning, everyone!

Jeep, enjoy the five-miler.

Tom, have a great run.

Just, B.S., have fun swimming.

Gustav, excellent workout yesterday.

Scotty, may the rest day keep you healthy.

Damaris, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Kay, I hope that the princess feels well soon.

I'm not sure what I'll do today, beyond ab work and push-ups. My legs are very sore. True, it's the good kind of sore, but it's still very sore. I decided to rest and sleep in an extra hour. I might go to the gym after work and do 4.0 miles o'hill repeats (four minutes at a 1.0 incline, eight minutes at a 10.0 incline, three minutes at a 1.0 incline, eight minutes at a 10.0 incline, keeping at a 1.0 incline until 4.0 miles are reached) on the TM at my recovery pace, 11:32.

A deep-tissue massage would feel amazing right now.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Who let the dogs out?

A quick little 5 miler for me. Into a tad bit of taper.

Have a good workout everyone.

Enjoy your SRD, Damaris. You've earned it!

delicate flower

It is Monday, and you know what that means:  MORE RAIN!  I did not sleep well last night.  This is going to be a long day.

<3

Nevrgivup

It is Monday, and you know what that means:  MORE RAIN!  I did not sleep well last night.  This is going to be a long day.

That is not like you Phil. I'm taking a rest day today. I was up way too early this morning. Maybe some core stuff later today.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

StepbyStep-SH

I'll get in 7 miles w/ a handful of 20-25 sec surges at 5k pace - baby steps for speedwork. With temps right now in the single digits and a "feels like" of -6*, the surges will test out how my lungs are operating in cold air and help keep me warm (I hope).

The plan is to run right after taking DS to school, but the boy who is usually awake at 5:30 is still sleeping now, and it's past 6:30. If this means he's sick and has to stay home, I won't be able to run until after DH comes home from work tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day.

Ran Sunday in McAllister Park, my favorite park in San Antonio, and a nice bonus is that it's only 2 miles from my house.  Quite a weather change!  Yesterday 68 degrees and 100 percent humidity.  Today a low of 37 with a high of only 57.  Nutty Mother Nature!  I slept in a bit, waited for the sun to come up so it would warm up a little and headed for the park.  Run temp was 44 degrees but there was a wind of 15-20 mph making it feel like 39-40 degrees. At least the sun was out and nice blue skies.  The trails were perfect...nice and 'soft' with the recent rain we had but not too muddy so you sunk down as you ran, felt really great on the legs.

In this park, I have been knocked down on the trails several times in the past years by deer.  However, this run I saw the deer first! This fellow was watching me from the brush...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt