Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Where We Ask The question, If Men Are Dogs... (Read 220 times)

Shakedown Street

6 miles easy + hill repeats. Pool if the temp is not set on 92F

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB, I think the dogs take our car keys too in the wee hours and sneak out for doggie drag-racing with other canines. Joking

Happy "no more night shift", Tom!  Hope your run goes well after you wake up.

Well at least men are better behaved than dogs! Right?       24 body weight exercises.  That must be some list, Gustav.

Enjoy the SRD, Damaris, you sure earned it!

Sorry about the sick little one, Kay, hope she feels better.  I got out the Kettle too yesterday...Kettle potato chips...

Hope those aches, pains, and twinges resolve quickly, Sparker!

Happy 5, flarunner.

Sorry you did not sleep well, Phil.  Me either.  I think my 4 cats were working in shifts last night, lol, to wake me up at different times during the night.

Happy rest day nevrgivup!

Step, hope your little one is not sick.  If so, hope he feels better quickly.  Hope you can get your run in.

Dang, jneilt, your pool is set at 92 degrees?   Are lobsters hanging around the pool watching all the humans cook in there?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

flarunner, enjoy your five-miler.

Hilary, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Shari, have a great run.

scottydawg, enjoy your rest day.

jneilt, have fun with whichever workout you do.

Good morning peoples.

6 on the schedule for tonight.

LRB

Supp!

After my first 30 mile week in nearly three months, I'm not doing jack today!  I'm pretty sore, but it's a good sore.  My plan is to hold at 30 ish miles per week for a month, then bump that up to the mid to high 30's where I'll likely remain until mid summer, while primarily focusing on 5k training during that time.

For now, I'll get back to running tomorrow, and get my Myrtle on Wednesday instead.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats weekend racers! Kove reading the RRs!

Another day of total rest. I really messed with my knee by doing that short run Saturday. It hurts to walk. Honestly it doesn't even hurt just in the knee anymore I can feel the band higher up not too. The whole lateral side of my left leg hurts now.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! 8+ easy miles for me this morning and legs bit fatigued after this weekend's runs. 9.7 on Saturday with a 40min tempo @ 7:29 avg pace and 13.7 miles yesterday with lotsa hills thruout run.

Congrats to all the Disney runners this weekend.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone!

Still off running for now, doing a workout video and my ITB rehab, since I missed it yesterday.

Zelanie

Morning!  My dog tried to get on the table this week because we left the house with a cupcake up there.  She didn't get the cupcake, but she left tell-tale claw marks that show her attempt.  It must have been a pretty funny sight!  And I'm sure our other goody two-shoes dog was cowering in fear somewhere!

5.5 easy planned for after work.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning!  My dog tried to get on the table this week because we left the house with a cupcake up there.  She didn't get the cupcake, but she left tell-tale claw marks that show her attempt.  It must have been a pretty funny sight!  And I'm sure our other goody two-shoes dog was cowering in fear somewhere!

5.5 easy planned for after work.

Reminds me of a dog my mom had when I was a kid - the dog would "tattle" on the cat. Any time the cat jumped onto the counter or table where she wasn't supposed to be, the dog would bark at her, run to find mom, go back and bark at the cat again. You could just see in her eyes "Cat's gonna get in trou-ble, cat's gonna get in trou-ble, ..."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Oh yeah!  If the puppy is in to anything, the "good" dog will run out of the room with her head down and come and get us.

Docket_Rocket

The good dog was probably the mastermind.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Weezer88

I've been gone for TOO LONG and my lack of motivation is startng to show.......Joking

DW may have a deal on a (new) Forerunner 210 for just about $55.  That just might be the 'kick in the pants' that I need to free up some MOJO I've been lacking since January 1st.

Be well everyone and don't let this Monday get you down!

I AM WEEZER.

Hi guys!  Another day off for me today.

I spent the weekend trying to get a treadmill on Craigslist, but they all kept getting snatched out from under me.  In the process, though, I decided which one I actually want to get when (if? lol) we have some money.  Anyone have a NordickTrack 1750?  Runners World and other reviews had lots of good things to say about it.

Have a good day, everyone!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Chairman

Off today, and maybe tomorrow. Doesn't seem like my ankle is going to let me bring my mileage up any higher than it is. Running long seems to bother it more than running fast, so I might try to make up for running less that way. Starting next week.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey