Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Where We Ask The question, If Men Are Dogs... (Read 220 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hope the ankle feels better.

Off today, and maybe tomorrow. Doesn't seem like my ankle is going to let me bring my mileage up any higher than it is. Running long seems to bother it more than running fast, so I might try to make up for running less that way. Starting next week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

aponi

never runs the tangents

4.4 just before the rain hit

Can a mere MAN do this?

frisbee dog

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Nevrgivup

Off today, and maybe tomorrow. Doesn't seem like my ankle is going to let me bring my mileage up any higher than it is. Running long seems to bother it more than running fast, so I might try to make up for running less that way. Starting next week.

Whichever way works Scrape. Personally, I would like to be running more miles too, but I'm going to keep it low for awhile. I need custom orthotics and I'm going to see a Podiatrist next month for them.  No real goals at the moment for me. You are one crazy fast dude despite the ankle pain.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Awesome shot, Aponi.

3-5 planned today at lunch on the TM as long as work doesn't interfere.  Leg has been feeling pretty good so keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue.  

You can call me Anna

Chairman

Whichever way works Scrape. Personally, I would like to be running more miles too, but I'm going to keep it low for awhile. I need custom orthotics and I'm going to see a Podiatrist next month for them.  No real goals at the moment for me. You are one crazy fast dude despite the ankle pain.

I am also thinking it might be time to see somebody about this. It's been lingering for a few months now, and a few weeks off didn't seem to change anything.  It's odd in that after a couple of days off, it feels good as new, but running starts to irritate it very quickly. I don't know what to make of it.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Scrape - where is the pain? I see a doc tomorrow for my lingering ankle pain.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

StepbyStep-SH

Scrape - Hope you can find a solution for the ankle, either through a doc or adjustments to the training plan.
                Gustav - Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!

After realizing in the first mile that I actually didn't need the third layer on top, I ended up with 6.92 at 9:57 average pace (s-l-o-w), even with 7x20-30 secs @5k pace + 3x8sec hill sprints. The good news is that I only coughed once during the run and just a couple of times since coming in. emo-yes

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Chairman

Medial side, below that knobby protrusion, where the foot and shin meet. There is a tendon that runs along the tibia, wraps under that knobby protrusion, and connects to the foot. That is what seems to be giving me trouble.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Docket_Rocket

Good luck at the doctor!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Hi guys!  Another day off for me today.

I spent the weekend trying to get a treadmill on Craigslist, but they all kept getting snatched out from under me.  In the process, though, I decided which one I actually want to get when (if? lol) we have some money.  Anyone have a NordickTrack 1750?  Runners World and other reviews had lots of good things to say about it.

Have a good day, everyone!  : )

Actually, yes, I do. For about 8 months I was SUPER happy with it. Until November, when iFit updated their website. Since then, everyone has been having issues with the iFit technology. They are working on it, and it is getting better, but it's taking forever. Currently I cannot any maps onto the TM, and from what I understand if you are actually able to, Street View isn't working. BUT the on board maps still work, and it is still a great treadmill without the iFit (I love that it declines). When iFit works, it's a friggin awesome machine. So if you get it new, it comes with a free year subscription to iFit. If you buy it used, hold off on the subscription until all this shit is sorted.

runmomto3boys

Crap.  I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll be interested to see how you respond to less miles/more speed.  FX!

8 recovery paced miles on tap.  I'm running them at the track, which makes them hard to run slow, but I had good results at the end of last week when I actually ran my recovery runs at recovery pace.  Trying that whole thing again...

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Can a mere MAN do this?

frisbee dog

Sure - hold my beer and watch this! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

4.4 just before the rain hit

Can a mere MAN do this?

frisbee dog

One thing is certain, it's that [[I]] can't do that! I have very poor coordination... Your dog is great!

Big run for me tonight. A big... 2 miles! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Robert31320

Team TJ

I planned for it to be a rest day. As soon as I opened my work email this morning, I knew it would not be a rest day! My wonderful wife just delivered my running stuff for miles before I go home this evening. Just over a year ago, work stuff lead to massive meals...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Popping in on lunch break real quick. I will get 5 in when most of the world is sleeping tonight.  

Hope everyone has a great day!

Don't believe everything you think.