Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Where We Ask The question, If Men Are Dogs... (Read 220 times)

c0derunner, enjoy the six-miler.

Rick, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

kristin10185, I hope that resting helps.

jedigunnie26.2, great easy run.

lilac_jive, have a great workout.

Zelanie, have a great post-work run.

Weezer, may your mojo return in full force.

Kristin, enjoy your rest day. Ibhopevyou find a treadmill you like soon.

Ouch, scrape. Feel better soon.

aponi, I'm glad that you ran before the rain arrived.

rkymtnanna, have a great lunchtime run.

Shari, excellent run.

Heidi, enjoy your recovery run.

Robert, that was very thoughtful of DW.

Nightcrawler, have an amazing late-night run.

Actually, yes, I do. For about 8 months I was SUPER happy with it. Until November, when iFit updated their website. Since then, everyone has been having issues with the iFit technology. They are working on it, and it is getting better, but it's taking forever. Currently I cannot any maps onto the TM, and from what I understand if you are actually able to, Street View isn't working. BUT the on board maps still work, and it is still a great treadmill without the iFit (I love that it declines). When iFit works, it's a friggin awesome machine. So if you get it new, it comes with a free year subscription to iFit. If you buy it used, hold off on the subscription until all this shit is sorted.

Oh, that's very good to know!  Thanks for the feedback.  I don't expect to be buying one any time soon, just figuring out what I want when I do.  Hopefully by then they'll have their tech stuff worked out!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

StepbyStep-SH

Medial side, below that knobby protrusion, where the foot and shin meet. There is a tendon that runs along the tibia, wraps under that knobby protrusion, and connects to the foot. That is what seems to be giving me trouble.

Posterior Tibial Tendonitis? You might ping MothAudio back over on RWOL - I know he has dealt with that. I had an injury to my anterior tibial tendon (down the ankle and along the top of the foot) this fall - took three weeks off with ice and ibuprofen and it seems to be back to normal now. At the time, my doctor also gave me information about anterior ankle impingement (pinching of the bone or tissue at the front of the ankle) with some exercises for strengthening. If you are interested, let me know.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Posterior Tibial Tendonitis? You might ping MothAudio back over on RWOL - I know he has dealt with that. I had an injury to my anterior tibial tendon (down the ankle and along the top of the foot) this fall - took three weeks off with ice and ibuprofen and it seems to be back to normal now. At the time, my doctor also gave me information about anterior ankle impingement (pinching of the bone or tissue at the front of the ankle) with some exercises for strengthening. If you are interested, let me know.

My problem was higher up than in the ankle, but turned out to be the result of running along a measly one mile stretch of sloped sidewalk that I started running on.

Because I only ran on it once a week, and the injury needed about ten days to heal, it took some time to figure out what was happening.  I decided to go two weeks without running on it just to eliminate it as a possibility and poof, away went the injury!

Chairman

I don't know if the issue is tendonitis, but that is the tendon in question. Now way I am going to RWOL for this, but if you have links or other types of information that might be related, I will gladly take them.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Nevrgivup

I don't know if the issue is tendonitis, but that is the tendon in question. Now way I am going to RWOL for this, but if you have links or other types of information that might be related, I will gladly take them.

I hope you get it resolved Scrape soon. So frustrating. Is this a different injury than your prior one?

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon all.  I was a little late getting a run in today, but got it done over lunch.  The colder temps were quite a shock to the system!  I went from running a race in a singlet and shorts on Saturday to today being back in a hat, gloves, and tights!  I think the only thing that saved me from totally freezing was this ridiculous "January" beard that I've been growing.  Although, I do have to say, there's usually something Bohemian about the guys that tend to run high mileage, so maybe I'm finally fitting in ha.

As for the run, it was 10.58 miles at easy pace.  While the pace was still a few seconds slower than my usual easy pace, it was faster than yesterday's easy run, which leads me to believe I'm recovering well from the race.  I'm thinking I'll be good to go for tomorrow's progression run (12 total, 6 moderate)...if not, I'll take one more easy day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Scrape, Mike also posts on the RWOL Beginners Forum on Facebook if you want to try to contact him there.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

4 in the books for me.

Kristin - the Nordic Track 1750 is the TM I was looking at earlier this month, as well.  I hope to buy a TM in early March - so that I have one less excuse Big grin when the weather is bad or it is dark out (not a huge fan of running in the dark, although I did just recently get some reflectors and Knuckle lights just in case).  The 1750 does seem to get some pretty good reviews based on what I have read.

You can call me Anna

Chairman

I hope you get it resolved Scrape soon. So frustrating. Is this a different injury than your prior one?

Well, I had this one while I had the prior one. This one never went away.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LRB...That's an awesome pic of the pooch this morning.  Enjoy the deserved rest day.  It sounds like you have a very smart strategy for building your mileage back up.

JeepofSpades...Hope the 5 go well tonight.

RunTom...I'm doing this from page 1, so I'm guessing you decided on your run already....but I can appreciate that you're being flexible with the running based on the weather.  It's easy to get into the mentality where you just do exactly what's on the schedule, but that can lead to trouble over time.

Beth...Still marveling at your ability to function on that little sleep!

Gustav...Nice work on that trainer.  That's a lot of body exercises - sounds like you're killing it.

Sparker...Glad to read that you're getting so much out of running since starting.  It's hard to stay healthy while your body is adapting, and I think most (if not all) of us have dealt with injuries early in the game.  You're doing the right thing by resting and taking it slowly.  I hope you're feeling better soon.

Docket...Finally got my comments up on your RR.  Nice work!

Kay...Hope your little one is doing better and that you found some time for your workout.

Basya...That sounds like a pretty tough workout on sore legs!  Hopefully the soreness will flush out of your system as you get moving.  Nice job keeping the workouts well rounded with the pushups and situps.

FlaRunner...Enjoy the mini-taper.  You're safer from taper madness that way lol.

Baboon...I hope the day offered something to lift your spirits a bit.  If not, there will probably be another day tomorrow!

Nevergivup...Rest well!

Step...I'm doing this from the first page, but I think I remember that you already did your run from page 4 lol.  It's just so hard to get back to the normal paces after a cold, but at least you're up and at it again.

Scotty...Happy resting....love all your pics.

Okay folks, all I have time for at the moment.  Hi to everyone else too!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Cross training day today.  I'm feeling pretty good though, so I'm thinking about doing an easy run later on tonight for cross training.  Starting my food diary today too.  Need to get the weight loss going again (was just kind of treading water over the holidays).  I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of running (and non-running) treats in the mail over the next couple days!  Have a couple pairs of shorts and a Garmin coming as well as tickets to the Black Keys/Flaming Lips show in May!

So_Im_a_runner - nice run!  It dropped like 30 degrees between Saturday and today here too.  I'm not looking forward to having to bundle up again for my run tonight!

rkymtnanna - I hope your four went well!

Nightcrawler, happylilyRobert31320, runmomto3boys - enjoy your runs later!

4 in the books for me.

Kristin - the Nordic Track 1750 is the TM I was looking at earlier this month, as well.  I hope to buy a TM in early March - so that I have one less excuse Big grin when the weather is bad or it is dark out (not a huge fan of running in the dark, although I did just recently get some reflectors and Knuckle lights just in case).  The 1750 does seem to get some pretty good reviews based on what I have read.

Cool.  Yeah, it seems like the best thing I can find for what I expect my budget to be.  Their site says it comes with free shipping, too, which is cool.

As for the weather-  it is warm here this week!  It's 51* here right now!  The snow is melting and we've got mud like we don't usually see before April here.  I've had the pellet stove on the lowest setting for the past two days.  Sweet!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

RunTom...I'm doing this from page 1, so I'm guessing you decided on your run already....but I can appreciate that you're being flexible with the running based on the weather.  It's easy to get into the mentality where you just do exactly what's on the schedule, but that can lead to trouble over time.

I brought my training schedule into the world, and by golly, I can take it out!

The downside of working 12-hour shifts is that you have to be at work for 12 hours, and there is little time between shifts to accomplish much of anything. The upside is that I can move things around on my off days (which started this morning) to accomodate other things in life. Including weather.

We've got some significant rain falling right now, so I'm destined to do my run on the treadmill today. I haven't done it yet, but I am looking at about 4 miles, easy pace. Calves are still a bit stiff from Saturday's hill workout, so this will be more of a recovery run for me.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Cool.  Yeah, it seems like the best thing I can find for what I expect my budget to be.  Their site says it comes with free shipping, too, which is cool.

As for the weather-  it is warm here this week!  It's 51* here right now!  The snow is melting and we've got mud like we don't usually see before April here.  I've had the pellet stove on the lowest setting for the past two days.  Sweet!

I got mega lucky with mine, I picked it out, then had second thoughts and double checked craigslist for any more used treadmills. Magically, that day a local gym equipment reseller posted one for sale. This lady used it once, didn't like it, and traded it in for a $5k model. Of course, she took the free iFit subscription and the HRM. But after delivery and taxes, I got it for $1300. So keep your eyes peeled Smile