Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Where We Ask The question, If Men Are Dogs... (Read 220 times)

LRB

No way I am going to RWOL for this, but if you have links or other types of information that might be related, I will gladly take them.

Heidi can you help me on this?  The discussion in question was either in your original thread over there on ITBS, or in the dailies, or both. 

I seem to remember posting a pic of a cambered road in one of them.  Whichever one it was, there was a fair amount of talk about tibial tendonitis in it.

I got mega lucky with mine, I picked it out, then had second thoughts and double checked craigslist for any more used treadmills. Magically, that day a local gym equipment reseller posted one for sale. This lady used it once, didn't like it, and traded it in for a $5k model. Of course, she took the free iFit subscription and the HRM. But after delivery and taxes, I got it for $1300. So keep your eyes peeled Smile

Oh, that's very cool!  Yes, I'm definitely keeping my eye on Craigslist!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Oh, and this is NRR, but I'm proud of my hubby so I'm sharing it here.  Sorry if you're friends with me on fb and already saw it.  : )

An article about my husband and his documentary.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

runmomto3boys

Heidi can you help me on this?  The discussion in question was either in your original thread over there on ITBS, or in the dailies, or both. 

I seem to remember posting a pic of a cambered road in one of them.  Whichever one it was, there was a fair amount of talk about tibial tendonitis in it.

I'm looking...no luck so far!  I'll post the link if I come across it!

Kristin: You should be so incredibly proud of him!!!

LRB

I'm looking...no luck so far!  I'll post the link if I come across it! 

You poor thing.  I did that not too long ago and never did find the stupid thing because of the dozens of spam pages that are still there.

I ended up googling a whole bunch of crap and found it that way.  Talk an exercise in futility!

Nevrgivup

4 miles done on the TM. First day of classes, and I'm super stressed. I needed this run. The semester has just begun and its already dysfunctional. Evil

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.8 miles done at the park on my way home.

Running for TJ because he can't.

SIAR. nice run.

rkymtnanna, great job fitting the run into your day.

buchy2009, what did you do for cross-training?

Tom, enjoy your recovery run.

Kristin, how cool for your hubby!

Hilary, sometimes, on a day like that, a run is just what you need to preserve your last shred of sanity.

Robert, excellent run.

I'm on my way to the gym. I've decided to do 4.0 miles with hill repeats at a 10.0 incline. Let's see if I can really make my quads scream!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

4 miles on the treadmill today, while watching NCIS reruns! Easy pace, which is about 30 seconds slower on the TM than my normal easy pace.

Still raining to beat the band here. I have over 2.5 inches since about 3 PM yesterday, and it hasn't let up yet. Most of that is since noon today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

4 miles on the treadmill today, while watching NCIS reruns! Easy pace, which is about 30 seconds slower on the TM than my normal easy pace.

Still raining to beat the band here. I have over 2.5 inches since about 3 PM yesterday, and it hasn't let up yet. Most of that is since noon today.

See now, this is the *real* reason I want a treadmill- I can watch stuff!  ; )

That's some serious rain.  Is your basement staying dry?

LRB

See now, this is the *real* reason I want a treadmill- I can watch stuff!  ; )

Despite the fact that my TV is on when I'm on the stupid thing, I am not really watching it.

My best treadmill sessions are when I "go somewhere" in my head while on it.  Otherwise, it blows.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Yeah, basement's dry. The house is on the side of a hill, and the way it's graded, the surface water tends to flow away from the house. We've had more rain in the past and no water issues since I've lived here.

As for watching stuff, I have to be careful. I was watching one of the 'Transporter' movies while running one time, and I almost ran off the side of the treadmill. Seems I was getting a bit too involved in a fight scene! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

As for the weather-  it is warm here this week!  It's 51* here right now!  The snow is melting and we've got mud like we don't usually see before April here.  I've had the pellet stove on the lowest setting for the past two days.  Sweet!

I know   - my family all lives in Maine and their weather has been much warmer than ours here in CO the last week.  I ran in 9 degrees on Sunday and it did not get out of the teens today.  I am about to head out of work and it is a balmy 14 degrees.    Tomorrow will finally be in the 30's though, yippee - I may have to wear shorts.   

You can call me Anna

Tom, what a fun run.

4.0 miles done at 5.2mph (11:32). I warmed up for four minutes at a 1.0 incline, then did eight minutes at a 10.0 incline, three minutes at a 1.0 incline, another eight minutes at a 10.0 incline, and the rest of the four miles at a 1.0 incline.

Perhaps I should have rested today. My legs feel a bit leaden and sore, but better than this morning. I lightly held the handlebars of the TM for about half of each hill repeatSad This workout was a struggle. It took much longer to cool down than it usually does.

Nevrgivup

I LOVE my TM!! I have it in my garage and it feels like I'm running outside when I open up the garage doors. I have a LIVESTRONG 13.0. Just paid the thing off. Best investment ever!! I'd rather run outside, but sometimes its not always conducive to my schedule and I like it because if I don't want to run hills, I don't have to. I can't avoid them where I live.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.