Beginners and Beyond

In a word? FriDAILIES! (Read 37 times)

LRB

Yo!

No running for me today but I would like to do a pushup and a pull up before heading off to work.  If I am able to do either of them more may follow, we shall see...

Cyberic

SRD for me.

Man, did I ever sleep bad. Roll on one side, roll on the other... beer does that to me sometimes. On the positive side, I'm not hungover, just a little tired.

See ya!

delicate flower

Happy Halloween ALL YUR CANDY R BELONG 2 ME!

I ran 7 easy miles last night and 7 easy miles before work this morning.  Where is the October mileage thread??

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I've got my costume ready.....

.....hopefully the weather will clear tonite for the kiddies who go trick-or-treating.  Right now, 64 degrees raining, lightning, etc. and power outages in a lot of places.   We need the rain so that's good, but could do without the lightning.

Non-running day for me today.   After work will pick my packet up for my 5K tomorrow - a night time 5K "Dia de Los Muertos" (Day of the Dead) 5K.  This is a very popular local night-time 5K with lots of folks getting their faces painted, dressing up as zombies, etc.  Nice after-party by a local lake.   I may also do a race in the morning, but haven't decided yet.   Will see how I feel tomorrow morning and then just go register on Race Day if I decide to do one.  On Sunday I have my running club's "Membership Appreciation Day" series of races - FREE to all members.  Distances are 5K, 5 miles, 10K, 10 miles,  half-marathon, and 20 miles.  I'm doing a 5K.  Then a big party by the river after everyone is finished.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

lol, LRB. I can do A pushup.   I can do about 1/4 of a pullup, lol.

Sorry about the lack of sleep, Cy.  Maybe more beer will help.

Dang, Baboon, 14 miles done already?  It isn't even noon yet! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

6 easy hilly Virginia miles. 38F I love it!

B-Plus

SRD for me.

Man, did I ever sleep bad. Roll on one side, roll on the other... beer does that to me sometimes. On the positive side, I'm not hungover, just a little tired.

See ya!

Sounds like you coulda had a 5th!

FFS, it's 5:19 and I'm up on my day off.  Not even running either. SRD

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wanted to sleep in until 8 AM since we aren't going to work today but the Endless Body of Energy had other plans so I am awake, fixing coffee and cleaning a bit, getting ready to start stuffing things in the Tahoe.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

A woman at work just randomly told me I look like a runner.  Not sure if that was a compliment or not though.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates, weights, and a run with hubby.  You know, the shit I was supposed to do yesterday which I did not want to do.  Meh.

I can still remember my first year at this office.  It was when October was chilly and I wore a black dress with some brown knee high boots. My boss saw me and said "you know, I don't let anyone dress for Halloween."  I asked, "are you telling me I look like I'm dressed as something? What?  A witch or something?  These are my casual clothes!"  I was unable to see how fast he got back into his office with his tail between his legs.  The nerve.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

What an idiot D.  He still there?

Docket_Rocket

What an idiot D.  He still there?

Still the boss!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Halloween. To drive people crazy I think I will get me some candy corn. I know a lot of people think it is gross!!  I like it and haven't had any in forever. Will have to see if one of the drug stores has one of the tiny single serve bags

4.2 miles for me today.

Marjorie

LRB

If I am able to do either of them more may follow, we shall see...

I actually managed a pretty decent workout albeit brief and nowhere near the level I was earlier this year, and definitely nowhere near where I was before becoming a runner but those days are long behind me.

Anyway, it was nice to feel that pump again. I am looking forward to more of that this winter.

LRB

Happy Halloween. To drive people crazy I think I will get me some candy corn. I know a lot of people think it is gross!!  I like it and haven't had any in forever. Will have to see if one of the drug stores has one of the tiny single serve bags

4.2 miles for me today.

I would eat a few pieces of candy corn here and there but my favorite Halloween candy was those peanut butter chews.