Beginners and Beyond

WTF Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

Howdy gang. Whatcha got?

Cyberic

Hey RoS!

Run commute day. I might do a race week workout on my way back home. I need the confidence. Logically, I know I didn't lose fitness in my five days of not running, but I have a feeling I'm breathing too hard on my run commutes.

Of course, I can't rely on HR data, as I've come to the conclusion that I must be too skinny for those gadgets to work properly.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 in thick fog.  It's in the upper 40s, so it felt pretty good with long sleeves and gloves.  It was surely the best part of my day.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Hiya, folks!  LMAO!  I swam 2600 yards before work.  Marginally better than yesterday, but I'll take it.  Bike workout on the trainer tonight.  Sucks to have go back to riding indoors, but at least I can start to catch up on the Netflix.   

<3

KCRuns

Good morning!  I slept soooo good last night, 9 hours Smile  I'll go to the gym during lunch today and run, probably 5ish miles.

Regarding GU flavors, I have a wide variety.  I tend to use the fruity flavors in the summer because I think they feel cooler and savory flavors in winter because they are warmer.  Birthday cake and peanut butter are my favorites any time of the year.  I thought I would love the Cola one, but it's just okay.  I alternate caffeine with no caffeine during training runs, though in a marathon I will have 2 caffeine back to back for my last two.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 with 10K mile tempo intervals tonight.  I'm going to need it after my court day today, which includes going after some big firm attorneys and objecting to their application to be hired (something we never do often).  I just don't get why people can't or won't act ethically.  But it's a firm my judge has in high esteem so I'm sure it will be an uphill battle.  I'll be this guy then, alone...but hey, that's why I work for who I work for.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

7.5 miles with 5x600m. That's a standard Pfitz race week workout, so I guess I better do a race this weekend.

Dave

Of course, I can't rely on HR data, as I've come to the conclusion that I must be too skinny for those gadgets to work properly.

I use mine to get an estimate of avg RHR only. I have no faith in what it says while Im running.

Woke up feeling like garbage this am. Taking a complete rest day from work and running. This sucks

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

KCRuns

Docket_Rocket

Docket, did you do this?  LOL

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/florida-police-recover-stolen-krispy-kreme-van-receive-delicious-reward

Haha.  No.  Instead of stealing it, I could just have it arrested. Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Coach let me choose my workout today. I suggested MP miles but I guess that was too similar to the upcoming workout this weekend. My second choice was fartlek ladder so I ended up doing 4-4-3-2-1-3-2-1 with the first 4 min at HMP, then 4321 at 10K and the final 321 at move-out-of-my-way pace. I prefer running intervals in minutes rather than distance but this gets a bit tricky when its dark AF outside and I'm trying to maneuver intersections, broken sidewalks and homeless people. I got it done though.

Work has been crazy lately but there is a bright spot-- a project that I worked on a few years ago has started human trials for treatment of Parkinson's disease (I'm a scientist at a pharma co). This is why I do what I do

sdWhiskers

I love my Scosche HR monitor, even if I look a bit dorky with it on. I wear it on my upper arm and it has never seemed to provide incorrect readings. (disclaimer: it is never <50 degrees here so no idea if it's worse in the cold).

KCRuns

Haha.  No.  Instead of stealing it, I could just have it arrested. Wink

It must be awful knowing you have that power but not using it.

Docket_Rocket

It must be awful knowing you have that power but not using it.

It’s a power I never want to exert. Once the judge exerted it and it was very powerful hearing the chains from person being brought to court. We are a bankruptcy court. That never happens!  Not my fault then I swear.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

It’s a power I never want to exert. Once the judge exerted it and it was very powerful hearing the chains from person being brought to court. We are a bankruptcy court. That never happens!  Not my fault then I swear.

I was being funny about doughnuts, but on the serious side, you are right in not wanting to ever have to use that power against someone else Smile