Beginners and Beyond

Week 25 Penguins go fish!! (06/17-06/23) (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins all!!  DH is helping with VBS at our church this week, so he was up early, walking the dog and hitting the shower -- usually that stuff doesn't happen until I head out the door.  So it was fun to have some company in my racing around getting ready to go this morning.  By Friday when he's heartily sick and tired of it, I will remind him that I do this 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year.  Booyah!!

I made some chocolate cupcakes (from scratch, no less) with a white chocolate ganache filling.  Unfortunately they turned into sunken cupcakes of doom.  Not quite sure what went wrong, but I suspect they will still taste ok.  I'm willing to give them the chance, anyway.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 and weights tonight.

HopesMom, Booyah indeed.  Yum, cupcakes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Huh, forgot to explain the title.  Today is Go Fishing Day.  Which is a much more appealing option on a Monday than Go To Work day.  Not that I'm big on fishing.  My grandfather used to fish off the pier when we'd all go to the beach.  He never once baited his hook.  That's my kind of fishing!

Singer who runs a smidge

Wishing for ONE thing to not be complicated today.

Actually, this is not true.  I went to pick up a package of stuff I had ordered.  That was not complicated.

I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job ...

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Been crazy at work today.  I have Pilates and 6 with 2 @ MP.

HopesMom, hoping it has not gotten any more complicated!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

So I had to leave a search going and a file downloading, because both were more complicated than I'd expected.  But when I got back this morning, both were finished.  And the top hit for my database search?  Collagen from Tyrannosaurus Rex!! 

Docket_Rocket

Nice way to start the day!

My car is not ready yet from the shop (rear ended Friday and dropped it there Saturday morning), grrrr.

I have OTF and 4 miles tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Definite grr!!  Have you moved your running indoors?  I'm assuming since we're over 100 degrees heat index, you have.

Docket_Rocket

I've been on the TM for more than a month, so yes!  It was a mild Spring, at least.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I asked our IT guys to poke around my laptop to try to free up some space (we don't get admin privileges on our computers).  When he rebooted, it no longer worked.  Now I have a loaner while they rebuild mine and shift it to Windows 10.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, FFS.  They had to screw your computer at the end of the day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, they didn't.  They screwed it before lunch.  But I refused to hike over there to drop it off and pick up a loaner, since I'm alone in the lab -- didn't want to just close the place down for half an hour.  So I twiddled my thumbs until their one tech (the rest are out sick) came to pick it up.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.

Hi!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi!  I would be drinking tonight from frustration, but I have chorus, so instead I'll be singing.  It's probably the better solution anyway.

Here's the boiled down dialog of my last few days, on a wide variety of situations:

Me:  I'm having trouble doing X.  It's not working.

The Powers That Be:  Our diagnosis is that X is not working.

Me:  How do I fix it?

TPTB:  Wait until X is working again.  Or do something different, like Y.

Me:  I don't need to do Y.

TPTB:  Silence.

I need a vacation.