Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: You know, yippee ki-yay -_- (Read 40 times)

LRB

Good morning.

Today begins a period of a million off days from work which I shall thoroughly enjoy (two 3-day work weeks and one 4-day work week over the next 21 days, and then the holidays).  My ass is going to be humping to get shit done, but that's okay.

LRB

I'm heading out for a short jog. The wind chill is 16. Wonderful. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

10 min elliptical, 3 mile run.  It was a crispy 29 with clear skies and plenty of stars.  That's as good a way to start Monday as I can think of.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

on my way to badass

I took 3 days off. Back on the horse today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and a couple of miles after it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SRD

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Turkey Week!  I had an optional swim on the schedule this morning, and opted to FTS and stay in bed.  I have a 4 mile jog to do at some point today and have no idea when or if I'll be able to fit that in because I'll be working late.

<3

LRB

Omg, noosa salted-caramel yogurt; BOING.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The creature that I call a son was awake around 3:40 coughing, and then completely awake  at 4:30 AM.... in other words, I didn't get any kind of run in.

I'm not too worried about it though, I've got a race this Thursday and don't want tired legs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

FS - in case you didn't see my post in Friday's dailies:

Anybody able to get the link to the runner who was killed in Philadelphia?

Long time runner John Schultz struck by auto

John was 84 and known throughout the Philadelphia-Wilmington area, typically ran his races in red shorts and bare chested.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Omg, noosa salted-caramel yogurt; BOING.

I haven't tried that flavor but Noosa is awesome

delicate flower

I haven't tried that flavor but Noosa is awesome

How you feeling today?  Still feeling like a squeezed toothpaste tube?

<3

onemile

How you feeling today?  Still feeling like a squeezed toothpaste tube?

I feel pretty good but I'm having a hard time wanting to eat anything and a little nervous about how this 16 miler will go

Docket_Rocket

FS - in case you didn't see my post in Friday's dailies:

Long time runner John Schultz struck by auto

John was 84 and known throughout the Philadelphia-Wilmington area, typically ran his races in red shorts and bare chested.

We had one of 84 that died last weekend DURING a race when a car hit him in the closed route.  WTF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I feel pretty good but I'm having a hard time wanting to eat anything and a little nervous about how this 16 miler will go

On days like that I'll do short loops that take me past the car or house multiple times in case of bail.

<3