Beginners and Beyond

Lets get 'er done its MonDAILES (Read 35 times)

Good Morning Everyone

SIAR- Great Race this weekend !

7mi easy 8:23 avg. Finally some weather that feels like spring.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Good morning. One of my cherubs has been inflicted with a 103.5 fever, and I'm hoping to get out there for 5. We'll see. I still have a stupid sore throat, but my fever still is hanging out at 100. Pfft. Parents aren't supposed to get sick! I'll just keep pounding the motrin and coffee and keep on keeping on. Happy Monday, o yee runners of the interwebs.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 30 foggy miles.  It wasn't foggy on the ridge, but it got pretty thick once I rolled off the mountain.  If I had known it, I would have went for a run.  Oh well, I made it home without getting killed.

Have a non-suck Monday!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 miles tonight.  There are fires here which means I can barely breathe.  Yay me.

Fortunately, it's already TM weather for the last two months so I should be good to run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run commute

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I woke up early, but too late for anything more than a couple of miles.  With eyes itching despite the allergy meds, I opted to rest.  I may get some miles in tonight.

ROS - I got sick every time my kids went to a new school.  That being said, spring is not the time the kids tend to bring home colds, IIRC.  Get well.

We had a charity 5k go by our house a couple of weekends ago.  It was billed as a family event and we saw many (I assume) parents running with their kids.  About a half dozen parents peeled off from their kids at the last moment and didn't cross the finish line.  My wife and I were puzzled about that.  What's the point of going the whole distance and not finishing?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fred, I've seen police cadet groups bypass the finish on multiple occasions. Never seen it with individuals. Maybe the parents weren't registered?

delicate flower

'Morning!  2700 yard swim done.  Run later.  My training volume is starting to increase.  'Tis the season.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred, I've seen police cadet groups bypass the finish on multiple occasions. Never seen it with individuals. Maybe the parents weren't registered?

I can't swear all of them had bibs, but the majority did.

KCRuns

Good morning! I'll get 3ish tonight with my run group.

I've started obsessing over the weather for Saturday.  Last night when I checked it said mid-50s at the start and 69 at the finish (feels like temps).  This morning, it has gone up to 63 at the start and 81 at the finish, but the chance of thunderstorms is now almost zero.  I know it will change again many times this week, but I'm starting to stress over the heat.

Still nothing. Thinking about taking another week off. We'll see.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I woke up early, but too late for anything more than a couple of miles.  With eyes itching despite the allergy meds, I opted to rest.  I may get some miles in tonight.

ROS - I got sick every time my kids went to a new school.  That being said, spring is not the time the kids tend to bring home colds, IIRC.  Get well.

We had a charity 5k go by our house a couple of weekends ago.  It was billed as a family event and we saw many (I assume) parents running with their kids.  About a half dozen parents peeled off from their kids at the last moment and didn't cross the finish line.  My wife and I were puzzled about that.  What's the point of going the whole distance and not finishing?

New school, new germs? I hadn't even put 2 and 2 together til you said that, as my child who is getting sick the most often (the 103.5 offender) is in a new school this year. That makes me feel a bit better, and not freak out about there being something wrong with his immune system. Sad I hope your allergies relax a bit, too, and you find some relief.

RunningOnSand

Still nothing. Thinking about taking another week off. We'll see.

Sounds smart to me. I'd say just start running when you actually want to?

PS did you guys know that Costco delivers???? To certain areas. But hallelujah!!!

sdWhiskers

Ran a 1 mile race yesterday morning with my little man. There were several different heats: Masters Male, Masters Female, Open Male, Open Female then Kids. This was my first 1 mile race and I was pretty nervous about being DFL (since it was mainly local racing teams and some high school track teams), but hey, someone has to be. My mile PR was 7:50 from a 5K a month ago which I thought I could get down into the 7:20s. I ended up with 7:14, sweet! And I was not last! I liked the mile quite a bit...the pain of the 5K but without another 20 mins to go, ha

I was super proud mama as my son finished in 10:17 (he's 5). We've been doing a mile together a few times over the past several weeks, but using a run/walk, not running continuously. He didn't walk at all yesterday! He loved running toward the finish line with everyone cheering him on and then hearing the announcer say his name as he crossed. SO cute. I asked him if he'd like to do it again and he said "that was maybe too far. Maybe when I'm 6"  Lol

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

New school, new germs? 

Yup - Sometimes I think little kids are more efficient than fleas on rats when it comes to spreading disease.