Beginners and Beyond

Week 37 Penguins love our litigating lawyers!! (08/30-09/05) (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today actually is Love Litigating Lawyers Day, so woo-hoo Docket, it's all for you!!

No biking today, because of rain both current and forecast.  Though the current rain was at home, not at work, so I might end up missing it.  I'm incredibly sleepy this morning, for some reason, so I wasn't too fussed about missing the bike ride.  Although maybe that would've woken me up ...

Teaching this afternoon.  Hooray.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Yay! My day! Big grin

I have an RD.

HopesMom, I'm sleepy too but after all, it's Monday. I might need a Sbux fix at noon. Enjoy the class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I used to work for a couple of litigators. I was not a fan.

HM - I hope your class goes well. Virtual I assume?

D - enjoy your rest day.

Singer who runs a smidge

No, my class is in-person.  We're all virtual for classes over 50 in enrollment, but they gave us the option if you have fewer than 50 enrolled.  There's much to be said (personally) for teaching online -- I can re-record so things are presented more smoothly, I can take time to figure out exactly what I want to cover on each slide, and I'm way less nervous, because hey, no students!  But I also wanted things to be as normal as possible for the students, and having at least this one class where they see each other and can interact and have an actual professor I thought would be a good thing.  I have 15 students, and we're (normally) in a lecture hall that seats 75, so we're spaced and masked at all times.  I don't have any kind of feeling from the students as to whether they prefer in-person or online, but they do have the chance to see each other and talk at least once a week, and I figure that's a good thing.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, and I biked in this morning.  There was only a 20% chance of rain, though it was raining when I left home.  So I'm betting on the forecast.  It wasn't raining when I got here.

Docket_Rocket

Glad you are able to do your class in person!

I have 8 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi all!!

Didn't bike today, because I was WAY late getting out the door and didn't want to take the time to ride.  I've got an achy knee too, so I wanted to give it some time to learn how to behave again.

I'm guessing our hummingbirds are getting ready to migrate, because they are suddenly swarming our feeder.  Usually we have one, and another one chases him or her off.  Now we have five -- two male/female pairs and a juvenile, and sometimes we'll actually have four of them feeding at the same time.  Clearly the need to suck down calories is somewhat overcoming their territorialness.  I took some pics, I'll try to get them pulled off my camera for posting.

Docket_Rocket

They need food for the road! Hope the knee feels better.

I have 11 with HMP, 10K and 5K mile intervals.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope your knee is feeling better. Did you do something to it, or just general achiness?

I had a sleepless night last night (in bed at 12:30, up at 5:00 because there was no point in staying in bed. Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm not sure what I'll do with all the extra hours, especially since I've no energy at all. I'd go for a hike except we're supposed to have thunderstorms all day.

Singer who runs a smidge

I dunno, maybe I stepped on it funny and twisted it a little?  It's better today, and there was no biking today because of chorus tonight, so I expect it'll be fine tomorrow.  I'm not planning on giving it any other option, anyway!

Ginny, sorry about the insomnia!  That doesn't happen to me often, but it really sucks when it does.  Maybe spend the day sipping herbal tea and watching the rain?  That should at least be boring enough to make you sleep!

Docket_Rocket

Glad the ankle is better today, Hope!

Ginny, ugh. Sorry about the insomnia. I had some as well last night.

I have 7 and Pilates.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I took my own advice and had a cup of tea after chorus, with the not unexpected result that I had to pee around midnight!  I was having one of those dreams where you need to pee, but the bathroom keeps moving, or it's really dirty, or it's out in the middle of a bunch of people, or whatever.  I hate those.

Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday, and a three-day weekend to boot!  I think I might take some time this weekend to wash unusual stuff, like our bedspread and bathmats.  Yep, I'm a party animal!

This week's cookie will be orange almond oatmeal.  I think it'll be tasty.

Docket_Rocket

I thought I was the only one that had dreams of a dirty bathroom whenever I needed to pee midnight!

It’s my Friday off so I had a massage this morning and I have 15 miles later.

Damaris

Fundraising Page