Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - For the 20th time (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 41 enjoyable miles this morning.  The legs had a little life in them, so I took advantage of it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Good Morning!

My legs are shot from climbing in this heat for 2 days. Oh well...it’s interval day

Ran 8mi w 9x 1:30/ 1:30 avg 7:30 for the whole run. Meh

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 and OTF tonight.

I am in Court today and had to drive my rental here, which meant I couldn't use the express lanes which made my commute way longer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning!  I have 4 and OTF tonight.

I am in Court today and had to drive my rental here, which meant I couldn't use the express lanes which made my commute way longer.

What is the regular Docket ride? I feel like I missed a whole conversation somewhere along the line.

Pleasant...Nice riding! Life in the legs is a real blessing. I wish I knew where it goes the rest of the time.

Jay...I don't always see running on tired legs as a bad thing, even though it stinks (see above, lol). But seriously, what better way to learn to run on tired legs than to, well, run on tired legs! Were the 1:30s at 6:00 pace then? That math does make life easy if that was the case.

Run last night was a little better for me, with 6 something miles and not as much soreness. I still avoided any hills. I also was really sleepy on the run, so pretty much went to bed as soon as I finished. Yay 10 hours of sleep! I liked it so much I may repeat it tonight.

We have the group run tonight which is a lot more hilly than my last couple runs. If my legs feel okay I may try to stretch the miles out a bit afterward.

Hope you all have a good one!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

KCRuns

Good morning!  4.79 miles this morning.  It was cooler out today and not as humid. Yay!

Cubs game this afternoon with several clients in from out of town and some of our buyers.  It should be fun, we have one of the rooftops Smile

From the Internet.

Morning!

I did a short swim and a short bike last night (900 yd, little under 11 miles); tested out my new tri shorts and top on the bike. Good to go. Ready for Sunday! Track practice this afternoon then just a variety of mostly-easy swims/bikes/runs for the rest of the week.

The water temperature at the beach is currently 56F, lol. Gonna be a cold 400 meters!!

Docket_Rocket

What is the regular Docket ride? I feel like I missed a whole conversation somewhere along the line.

Pleasant...Nice riding! Life in the legs is a real blessing. I wish I knew where it goes the rest of the time.

Jay...I don't always see running on tired legs as a bad thing, even though it stinks (see above, lol). But seriously, what better way to learn to run on tired legs than to, well, run on tired legs! Were the 1:30s at 6:00 pace then? That math does make life easy if that was the case.

Run last night was a little better for me, with 6 something miles and not as much soreness. I still avoided any hills. I also was really sleepy on the run, so pretty much went to bed as soon as I finished. Yay 10 hours of sleep! I liked it so much I may repeat it tonight.

We have the group run tonight which is a lot more hilly than my last couple runs. If my legs feel okay I may try to stretch the miles out a bit afterward.

Hope you all have a good one!

What is my ride?  A hybrid (Lincoln MKZ) which drives free on the express lanes, but it's because my Sunpass sticker remains in the car and the express lanes do not use toll by plate, so I couldn't use it or the rental would charge me a $100 penalty when Sunpass hits them with that.  May karma hit the asshole that hit me, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great you were able to get some sleep! Yeah probably avoiding hills is a good idea 

I agree running on tired legs isn’t a bad thing. Of course when your really targeting a certain time it’s not which wasn’t the case today. Wasn’t really targeting any specific pace. Most were around 6:00/mi some a little slower/ faster as I did them over my usual route which has some hills. It was a nice change up. Any thoughts on doing some early week short rep work and then a longer vo2 max day later in the week. I’m thinking of trying it out.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Travel Day.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

6 miles with 4 x 3 min at 10K. It was enough to get the legs moving but not destroy me...my kind of workout. Had a work happy hour last night and I drank 2 beers which I thought would totally wreck my run this morning since I don't drink too often. But it was ok.

Time to go eat breakfast #2.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

SIAR - Sounds like you need to trade in miles for sleep time. 

Lauren - Yikes, that's cold water temp!  I'm sure it will make you swim faster though.

Docket - Why do I picture you as Matthew McConaughey?  I have no idea how that entered my head.

Whiskers - Beer is a sports drink, but don't let anyone else know!

According to my log, I hit 1,300 miles for the year.  That's almost 200 short of what I did all of last year.  I think I need to increase my shoe budget.  And I registered for the 30 hour race at the end of the month, which is only 10 days away. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

What is my ride?  A hybrid (Lincoln MKZ) which drives free on the express lanes, but it's because my Sunpass sticker remains in the car and the express lanes do not use toll by plate, so I couldn't use it or the rental would charge me a $100 penalty when Sunpass hits them with that.  May karma hit the asshole that hit me, LOL.

I don't know which I wanted you to drive more, a motorcycle or a moped. I'm sadly disappointed by your response Smile Glad you're okay from getting hit!

KC...Enjoy the game (even though that's hard to say after spending 6 years on the south side!)

Lauren...Sounds like you are ready to rock it! Good luck.

Jay...I think you can definitely handle two speed sessions in a week, if that's what you're asking. It gets hard with scheduling, but I like a Tue and Friday for speed, with a Sunday long run...or any other combination to make sure you at least get two full recovery days while not pressing speed work right against a long run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

According to my log, I hit 1,300 miles for the year.  That's almost 200 short of what I did all of last year.  I think I need to increase my shoe budget.  And I registered for the 30 hour race at the end of the month, which is only 10 days away. 

Nice work on the miles! I wish my Garmin data had transferred over here properly...none of January and only some of February came along. And congrats on the 30 hour race! I don't know how well I'd fare at the time versus distance thing. It seems like the temptation to quit would be greater in a timed race.

SD..Nice job on the workout! That does seem like a manageable one. The ones that always wipe me are the 2 or 3 x 15min...blah! What kind of beers did you have?

sdWhiskers

SD..Nice job on the workout! That does seem like a manageable one. The ones that always wipe me are the 2 or 3 x 15min...blah! What kind of beers did you have?

I can get to 100 breweries within like 30 minutes of my house. Yet the only amber on the menu at the place we were at last night was from Bell's Brewery in Michigan. Many breweries here in San Diego focus on the IPA craze, which I do not like. I'm more of a stout/amber/red ale fan.