Beginners and Beyond

Banana-fana fo Fridalies (Read 45 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Cool   WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yep, up for the early morning 10.  It's not currently monsooning, so that's an added bonus.  I should make today a double to get some decent mileage.  For the moment, I'll just live in the present and worry about that later.

Hope you all run well!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning siar.

Fire alarm just went off at the hotel. I'm sure there will be some po'd people getting pulled out of bed a bit before 6. They did turn it off but still was awfully loud. Fire engines came too.

Will probably do a few shake out miles. Will hit the grocery store for after race items. I'm strict in my food pre race/long runs with my very sensitive stomach so I brought my food for today from home.

Marjorie

LRB

What up doe!

Just taking it easy this morning with 3 to 4 miles, then I will eat like I ran 10!

flarunner

Mornin' Chirruns!

Did 8 miles this morning. Alternated slow and fast miles.

Marjorie - good luck with your race.

SIAR - don't try the song with the name Chuck

LRB - Hi Boo-Boo Face

Have a great day everyone!

LRB

LRB - Hi Boo-Boo Face

Supp Sugar!

MA, I took food with me for an out of town marathon as well.  Better to be safe than sick!

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for starting today's thread, SIAR. Have a terrific ten-miler.

Marjorie, have a nice shakeout run. Good luck.

Rick, have a sweet short run.

flarunner, excellent eight-miler.

This week has been driving me crazy. How I've managed to find time to run and lift is beyond me.

Tuesday, I did seven easy and lifted. Wednesday, I did 2.38 miles o'hills. Yesterday, I did 8.4 and weights for upper-body. Today, after work, the plan is to do legs and six or seven miles on the TM (blech).

At least I've had no trouble keeping up with abs and push-ups. Those take just a few minutes.

On the bright side, I'm now the proud owner of a Pfaff Hobby 1142 sewing machine. I'm looking forward to my free owner's lesson Sunday afternoonSmile

Morning all.

SIAR, enjoy the non-monsoon conditions

Marj, better fire alarm than fire

LRB, I always eat like I just ran 20

Fla, you are a broken record.

SRD.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Recovery run tonight.

SIAR, enjoy the 10.

Marjorie, enjoy the shakeout miles.

LRB, don't we always eat like we ran 10.?

flarunner, nice 8.  Doing the slow/fast combo is a nice way to get some speedwork in.  Great job.

Basya, nice job this week.  Enjoy the sewing machine.

Dave, enjoy the rest day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for starting today's thread, SIAR. Have a terrific ten-miler.

Marjorie, have a nice shakeout run. Good luck.

Rick, have a sweet short run.

flarunner, excellent eight-miler.

This week has been driving me crazy. How I've managed to find time to run and lift is beyond me.

Tuesday, I did seven easy and lifted. Wednesday, I did 2.38 miles o'hills. Yesterday, I did 8.4 and weights for upper-body. Today, after work, the plan is to do legs and six or seven miles on the TM (blech).

At least I've had no trouble keeping up with abs and push-ups. Those take just a few minutes.

On the bright side, I'm now the proud owner of a Pfaff Hobby 1142 sewing machine. I'm looking forward to my free owner's lesson Sunday afternoonSmile

Have you ever sewn before Basya? I just learned and I am having lots of fun sewing ridiculous things.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Off work today. I'll run 5 miles at some point today. They will be wet since we're getting hit with Andrea. Fun!

Today is my "birthday celebration" so hubby and I are going to the King of Prussia mall. I'm going shopping at Lulu then we're eating lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Nomnomnom.

I can't wait to wear my new birthday outfit (NOT birthday SUIT) tomorrow at the group run. Big grin

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

I'll get in about 5.5 miles on the rail-trail this morning before going with my mom's group on a tour of a local candy/ice cream shop (they make all their own). Mmmmm ... samples!

Hopefully the sun comes out by midday so we can also picnic in the park. I need some summer!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Happy Friday and holy hell is it going to rain today!  The weatherfolk are saying 3-4 inches of rain.  That's a lot of rain.  And you can bet your tuches that my run today will be on the treadmill!  Heck, I don't run outside in a drizzle.  Anywho, I've got 8-9 easy miles on tap.  I am looking forward to seeing what I can do in our 5K Sunday.  I have not run fast since January.

DW has a triathlon in mid-July and has suggested I do a duathlon the same day.  4K run, 40K bike, 10K run.  I am IN!  Now I'm getting all excited about it.  I need to get on that speedwork...

Have a great Friday, a great weekend, and a great rest of your life!

<3

Hip Redux

DW has a triathlon in mid-July and has suggested I do a duathlon the same day.  4K run, 40K bike, 10K run.  I am IN!  Now I'm getting all excited about it.  I need to get on that speedwork...

You'll still beat me!

Two RDs coming up.   Heading to the parental units house in a bit, first getting a massage.   Then rehearsal dinner and tomorrow is the wedding.  The weather looks like it won't be a total wash out tomorrow, but my brother was planning for an outdoor wedding so not sure that's going to happen.

TGIF!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

2.2 shake out miles on my tour of downtown Pikeville KY and the medical center.

Marjorie