Beginners and Beyond

Frozen FriDailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Back to winter in NJ - wind chill this morning was single digits.  Despite that, a great run this morning with my running partner today.  9 miles with the middle 6 at HM pace.  Our average for the HM miles was 8:34.  Not only that, if you throw out the mostly uphill mile (8:44) and the mostly downhill mile (8:20), our other 4 splits were 8:34, 36, 36, and 34.  How's that for consistent?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

RunningOnSand

Fred, that’s like a metronome. Nice 👍🏻

1. I got the covid vaccine on Monday and my RHR was 81 on Tuesday. 😲 I ran my first 3-consecutive day stretch on Tues, Wednesday, and Thursday and felt like I was running tempo effort but with recovery paces.  Still, it’s worth it. 
      Half Crazy K 2.0

Early meeting this morning, guess I'll do something after work.

FredFord, that consistency should pay off on a course like AC.

ROS, yay on the consecutive days! I had some weird rhr stuff after the first vaccine. About 2 weeks after it, I had a week+ stretch where it was 55-56, which is about 5 bpm higher than normal. This is what it looked like the morning after shot 2. It made for a weird chart. Overnight, rhr increased, then I could see it steadily drop all day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I ran my 7 yesterday so I have the 10 with 4 @ MP on the TM later and then weights. It's my Friday off so I could run earlier except not sure what time they will deliver the reformer so I can't go anywhere.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

9 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

My dad is heading back to the hospital again. Sad kidney issues again. 

I keep telling him that 6-7 months ago when he got really sick for five days and lost a lot of weight, he had Cove it. He never did the test and I think this is all coming from that

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

My MIL got the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday (we finally started receiving vaccines again) and other than soreness on her arm, she says she did not get secondary effects

sdWhiskers

I got the covid vaccine on Monday

Yay!!!

sdWhiskers

My MIL got the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday (we finally started receiving vaccines again) and other than soreness on her arm, she says she did not get secondary effects

Woo hoo!!

sdWhiskers

6 miles

In the lab today. We're allowing our undergrad interns back in the lab now and there's a young guy working next to me. Hopefully no fires or explosions 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred, that’s like a metronome. Nice 👍🏻

1. I got the covid vaccine on Monday and my RHR was 81 on Tuesday. 😲 I ran my first 3-consecutive day stretch on Tues, Wednesday, and Thursday and felt like I was running tempo effort but with recovery paces.  Still, it’s worth it. 

ROS -  Thanks.  I'm new here so I don't know all that's happened, but I'm glad your recovery is going well.

HCK - You're right about AC.  My training runs include hills, too, which should be a benefit when running the flat lands of south Jersey.

Cyb - My parents had their second doses and had mild to no side effects, happily.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got a surprise phone call at 10:30 AM today to schedule an appointment at 12:45 PM for my first Pfizer vaccine shot.  So far no side effects.  Second dose scheduled for March 26th.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

Got a surprise phone call at 10:30 AM today to schedule an appointment at 12:45 PM for my first Pfizer vaccine shot.  So far no side effects.  Second dose scheduled for March 26th.

Awesome!! A good day for vaccines around here 

2.5 work day run, eighth little day in a row

work tomorrow so that will be another 2.5

onemile

9 miles with Mona