Beginners and Beyond

Do I have to do everything around here? SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Little Blue

It's 10:00!  Get those butts out of bed!!  Soak those heads in coffee!!

Going to the park later when it warms up a bit.  Will try about 3 miles.

From the Internet.

I'm still all pumped up over my weekly mileage and long run distance PRs and my legs feel pretty good, I would love to get out and run a couple today but I will refrain and take my SRD so I can kill it again next week. And maybe run a 10K the week after that... I'm undecided, I don't know that I could hold back from trying to *race* it vs. treating it like a workout, and then I'd have to factor in a couple days of recovery right when I'm supposed to be hitting peak mileage.

Docket_Rocket

Eh, I have been running since 6am, sheesh!

20 with 12 @ MP.  I hope that was supposed to feel hard because it was!  And my lungs are congested.   Even with fucked up lungs, I pulled it off.  But I hope they get better because it's only downhill from here.

ESU and taper now!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yeah, I ran 17 miles today. 13 of them in a race.

I know Dave felt some kind of way about missing this event but he lucked out. The wind coming off the river from mile 4 through 9 was not fun.

Despite that, I did not think I would have much today and I was right, it was ugly. Not sure what my official time is but Garmin has me at 1:31:40 in 13 miles exactly.

I decided last month to train through this race and I suppose it showed. Hopefully that decision pays off when the fun stuff starts, we will know soon enough.

happylily

Well done, D.! You're ready!

Good luck OOTB and Lori and anyone else racing today!

I may run a few miles today, but I probably won't. Have a great Sunday everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Yeah, I ran 17 miles today. 13 of them in a race.

I know Dave felt some kind of way about missing this event but he lucked out. The wind coming off the river from mile 4 through 9 was not fun.

Despite that, I did not think I would have much today and I was right, it was ugly. Not sure what my official time is but Garmin has me at 1:31:40 in 13 miles exactly.

I decided last month to train through this race and I suppose it showed. Hopefully that decision pays off when the fun stuff starts, we will know soon enough.

That's a fantastic time considering the conditions and the fact that you haven't been feeling it lately. You are fast, Mister!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Ah my foggy Sunday brain was trying to remember who all was racing today but then I got distracted by cats. Typical. Good luck vibes to OOTB and Lori!

Woohoo, happy tapering D!

Nice job LRB, that is fast for someone training through a race, hell it's fast anyway!

cjones1

15 this morning. It will be a miracle if I'm not asleep by 2pm. Oh, and the amount of food im going to eat today will be obscene.

Happy Sunday everyone!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

Great race LRB!

I thought my run was hard, then I come here and see your run Damaris. 

I ran 11.9, with 10 at MP (7:15 avg) and it was hard. I don't think I'll be running my marathon at that pace, but that's my Daniels training MP from my last 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I thought about starting the dailies...... does that earn me any points 

I was feeling a lot better yesterday, but still took it easy with some squats, donkey kicks and fire hydrants, and bridges. This morning I woke up feeling fine so Rocky and I went running, I had plans of going to the gym afterwards but that went out the window by mile 2 when I became sick to my stomach again. Let's just say things weren't pretty, but rocky and I got in 5.2 miles.

I'm finally feeling back to what I was this morning before the run, hopefully next week will go as planned.

D, hope your lungs don't give you anymore issues and definitely not during the ray.

Awesome job LRB!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

7 miles this morning....breakfast and other stuff now...and more b-ball later...happy sunday everyone!

congrats rick! great job

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm going to run. While I was waiting for temps I started making Easter candy. Round one is chocolate covered Oreos. They are so cute. I used my rabbit molds. The faces weren't too hard to do. Other candy is setting befor I make the flavored centers. Then I will make more chocolate oreos. Dh has some spoiled people at work. Step by step below with final outcome l

Marjorie

LRB

I forgot to mention that despite wind chills in the teens, I wore my capris accompanied by little more than a singlet and arm sleeves.

The expressions range from what the fuck is that to look at this ass clown and everything in between. It was awesome! 

Cyberic

I forgot to mention that despite wind chills in the teens, I wore my capris accompanied by little more than a singlet and arm sleeves.

The expressions range from what the fuck is that to look at this ass clown and everything in between. It was awesome! 

You mean face like this: 

Docket_Rocket

Great job, LRB!

Nice bunnies, Marjorie!

Thanks, Lily and Andrea!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page