Beginners and Beyond

Question for Indy Mini Runners (Read 36 times)

This, I'm afraid, is what I was picturing for entertainment.

Yeah they claim there is entertainment on the course but . . . . .

Back in 2008 1 of the "entertainers" was a guy with a boombox and a microphone that sounded like crap.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

You will have some decent bar bands and you will have a share of not so great garage bands as well.  Plus it ranges in musical genre's as well.  The range of music is wide with this race.  Some good while some are bad.

Love the Half

I think those awful garage bands are part of the fun.  I like talking with folks afterward about which was the worst.  Although I don't use them, I can understand headphones on regular training runs but I don't understand them in a race.  Why run a race at all if your goal is to zone out in your own little world?  Enjoying all the atmosphere of a race is one of the reasons I plunk down the race fee in the first place.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

paulski66

miscreant

I live near Cincy now so going to Norwood Chiropractic here.  My doc who is a runner said the guy works with a ton of runners in the area so I am hopeful. Glad your runs are going well and I HIGHLY doubt you will embarrass yourself!

Thanks! :fingerscrossed:

I know you were looking forward to this race; sucks about the injury. Hope the rehab goes well, though!

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Ttt

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas