Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

You may now proceed and post your daily runs.

Cyberic

Ran 21.85 miles, avg pace 7:18, my longest training run ever. I'm very happy.

I brought two granola bars. This week's discussion helped with that decision.

Two 5 minutes-ish water and granola bars breaks, during which the watch was on pause, so they don't count in the avg pace

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thank you for giving us permission. Smile

I have OTF and 6 miles for the day.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Very nice miles, Cyber. How did the pace feel?

Today's another SRD! I'm looking forward to a bit more mileage next week.

Oh, and Docket, I meant to say I loved the pic of you jumping at Disney race. Big grin Same with the awesome doggy pic with you, LM.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cy - Great LR there!  I so wish I had your speed.  And eat away.  I'm considering bringing meatloaf with me for tomorrow's long run (yummo).

onemile - Love your dogs!  Mine is old and fat and can't move more than a snail pace (love him anyway).  Glad the injury is better.

Got 9 in this morning.  URD yesterday because of the typhoon that hit us (obviously not the right term).  May go for a double later today.  Even though I'm ultra training, it's this miles challenge that's gotten me all motivated guilty to get more miles in.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

RoS, pace felt very good. Was running on feeling for the most part. Of course the last 3 miles or so were tougher, and I picked up the pace slightly in the end. Great confidence boost run.

sdWhiskers

6.5 miles with 5 between MP and HMP (9:25-9:50). Just wanted to run a little faster than easy.

Sitting here with a kitty on my lap waiting for the plumbers to return.

LRB

I brought two granola bars. This week's discussion helped with that decision.

Two 5 minutes-ish water and granola bars breaks, during which the watch was on pause, so they don't count in the avg pace

Nice run. Strong.

I'm reminded of my running infancy, when I didn't pause my watch at traffic lights. So whatever my total time was, the overall pace was affected by the extra minutes I was standing at an intersection...or running in place, as I did for about a month or two. 

delicate flower

Happy Weekend!  I swapped my weekend workout days simply because I wanted to get the run out of the way today.  So, 10.3 miles at 7:23 avg pace, with about a minute negative split.  My legs were definitely feeling last night's hard treadmill effort but I managed to keep a pretty steady pace.  That wind today is brutal.  Holy hell.

BBQ and Black Panther with the Oskis tonight.  Sweet!!

Nice job!  Runs like that put me in a great mood for the rest of the day.

<3

Cyberic

LRB - Yeah I did that at first, too. Didn't last long. Jogging in place lasted about one run, and started pausing my watch after maybe a month or 2

Baboon - nice run too. Yep for for the good mood Big grin  Saw Batman vs Superman yesterday on Netflix. Very good. On par with Marvel movies.

GinnyinPA

Cy - I thought you were training for a half, not a full?  That's a long long run for either.

I have 5 windy miles to do this afternoon. At least the sun is shining though it isn't giving much warmth..

Cyberic

Ginny my next race is a half. The one after a 50K. So I have to have miles in my legs while training for the HM.

6 miles.

Awesome.

Dave

BBQ and Black Panther with the Oskis tonight.  Sweet!!

What took you so long? You will enjoy.

Dave

Saw Batman vs Superman yesterday on Netflix. Very good. On par with Marvel movies.

As Demi Moore said in A Few Good Men: I strenuously object.

Dave