Beginners and Beyond

tick tock - Boston awaits.... (Read 58 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

ugg...   I have anxiety as I watch some of my local runners sign up...

You have bettered the qualifying standard for your age and gender by 08:08. You may submit your qualifying and registration information on:

Friday, September 18, 2015, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET and continuing through 10:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, September 19.

If space remains after the first week (week ending at 10:00 p.m. on September 19), then registration will re-open from Monday, September 21 at 10:00 a.m. ET until Wednesday, September 23 at 5:00 p.m. ET.

I don't care about the logic and historical cutoff data...  I will still sleep like shit for at least the week (and likely until I have the acceptance email)

happylily

Rumors have it that runners this year will need their BQ with at least 100 seconds to spare. You should be ok. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I remember waiting last year to find out. That is all part of the fun.  This year I would be able to register on Wednesday though.

delicate flower

You have nothing to worry about with an 8:08 cushion.  My fingers are crossed that they expand the field to a +1:02.  Although, Boston 2016 would not jive with Ironman training.

<3

Docket_Rocket

You'll be OK!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

You have nothing to worry about with an 8:08 cushion.  My fingers are crossed that they expand the field to a +1:02.  Although, Boston 2016 would not jive with Ironman training.

I'd need a +1:53. That's hours & minutes.

RSX

I bet the cushion is under a minute for 2016. 2014 was the must year for a bunch of folks and I expect that interest to decline as it did this year. They are sticking with the same large crowd #.

I met a guy in my last marathon who missed a BQ by less than 2 minutes. He had a streak of 20+ Bostons and I believe you get grand fathered at 25.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I bet the cushion is under a minute for 2016. 2014 was the must year for a bunch of folks and I expect that interest to decline as it did this year. They are sticking with the same large crowd #.

I met a guy in my last marathon who missed a BQ by less than 2 minutes. He had a streak of 20+ Bostons and I believe you get grand fathered at 25.

Awww   F!  that would suck!

Brilliant

I'd need a +1:53. That's hours & minutes.

That's about what I need, too. Big grin  (ETA, you have me beat, PAD.  I need 1:57)

Good luck, Sly!  Sounds like the experts say you'll get in.

"Everybody gettin' down make no mistake... nothin' sounds quite like an 8:08..."

That SHOULD be good unless something exceptionally weird happens this year.  Spend more time worrying about a hotel Big grin