Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - Foggy, and not just in my head. (Read 36 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode another 40 miles.  It was 73F with 99% humidity, and quite a bit of fog in the low spots.  I didn't get ran over, so it was a good ride.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 4 with strides and Pilates.

PR, nice 40!  Drivers are assholes, so glad you were not run over.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

My ass hurts just reading about all these miles in the saddle.  20 on the trainer was more than enough for me, thank you!  (It really was; I finished my book before I was done.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning.  Lousy night of sleep last night on account of DOG issues.  She's going to the vet today, and I guessing she hurt her back again.  Anyway, I was up for usual morning swim this morning.  2600 yards done, and it was a pretty good workout despite the bad sleep night.  Tempo run later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

'Morning.  Lousy night of sleep last night on account of DOG issues.  She's going to the vet today, and I guessing she hurt her back again.  Anyway, I was up for usual morning swim this morning.  2600 yards done, and it was a pretty good workout despite the bad sleep night.  Tempo run later.

Awww, hoping she is OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

8 miles

KCRuns

Good morning!

My Garmin updated its software yesterday and I was in for a rude awakening this morning when I pushed start for my run.  My run settings/data screens were wiped out and the only thing on the screen was elapsed time. &?#$%$#!  Thankfully today was just an easy paced run, so I went by feel and I did get mile alerts, but that's the only feedback I had during the run.  It actually worked out really well, I was faster this morning than usual and it ended up being a good progression run and averaged on the faster end of the prescribed pace range in my plan.  I felt great the whole time and it felt easy peasy.  So now I'm wondering if I should deliberately do this again.  Anyway, 3 miles run commute.

MTA: the weather didn't suck today so I'm sure that played a role as well.  It was 71 and there was humidity, but it wasn't terrible.  Could have used a lake breeze though.

sdWhiskers

Ran 1 mile after work yesterday before my session with the personal trainer. Gym was HOT but thankfully the Nelly music station made it all better. A nice throwback to my college days. Likely a rest day today.

Just dropped my little man off at his school for the first time in like 17 days (he and MrWhiskers flew home from vacation yesterday).  Lots of screaming and had to pry him off my legs. Breaks my heart   Hopefully it won't take long to get him back in the routine.

What is your longest run look like when you aren't training for anything, but starting marathon training in a few weeks? My coach suggested at least 90 min most weeks which is 9 miles for my slow ass.

onemile

What is your longest run look like when you aren't training for anything, but starting marathon training in a few weeks? My coach suggested at least 90 min most weeks which is 9 miles for my slow ass.

13-14 miles on the low end, sometimes more like 15-16.

LRB

Pre-MRT I'm a 10 - 12 mile guy on the low end, 13 - 14 on the high end.

bluerun

Super B****

Pre-MRT I'm a 10 - 12 mile guy on the low end, 13 - 14 on the high end.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

13-15 is mine as well (when I am not training, which is so long ago why do I remember, ha).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

My Garmin updated its software yesterday and I was in for a rude awakening this morning when I pushed start for my run.  My run settings/data screens were wiped out and the only thing on the screen was elapsed time. &?#$%$#! 

Sounds like a Garmin update!  I always wonder what will break when I install a new update.  I've had one sitting out there for a while and am reluctant to install it.

<3

KCRuns

Sounds like a Garmin update!  I always wonder what will break when I install a new update.  I've had one sitting out there for a while and am reluctant to install it.

I've never had issues before with any updates on either of my Garmins.  My data screen is a 3rd party app (from the Garmin store), so maybe that has something to do with it, IDK.  My watch face is also a 3rd party app, but it survived the update just fine.  I'm going to have re-read the instructions for setting up the 3rd party data screen again, which is frustrating.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I've never had issues before with any updates on either of my Garmins.  My data screen is a 3rd party app (from the Garmin store), so maybe that has something to do with it, IDK.  My watch face is also a 3rd party app, but it survived the update just fine.  I'm going to have re-read the instructions for setting up the 3rd party data screen again, which is frustrating.

Is the 3rd party data screen good enough to make a recommendation on?

I use:

screen 1 (distance, timer, lap pace)

screen 2 (heart rate, avg pace, time of day, avg cadence)

screen 3 (sunrise and sunset are the only meaningful ones)

Ended up doing 7.5 at the group run last night, running with the girlfriend. Her pace is kinda like practicing for a really fast ultra, so I figure it's productive enough. Tonight is a group trail run...will probably just go to the run and not run out there since I'm working to get my legs revitalized again.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn