Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - 14th Edition (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 miles on another humid morning.  My legs were pretty tired to start, but after I got warmed up it was all good.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

PR - Nice ride this morning.

I went out for 7, with 5 at marathon pace.  It wasn't my legs that were necessarily tired, but my whole body.  Once I woke up, though, I felt pretty good.  The weather has turned a bit warmer, but we have a nice breeze blowing.  My legs feel tired in the way a good workout makes them feel - not rubber, but definitely aware of having done some work.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

Hello, internetfolk!  2500 yard swim done.  Run later.  I thought I had to run last night but it turns out I had a bike workout on the schedule.  I didn't feel like working hard though so I just spun on the trainer easy for an hour while watching Jessica Jones (three more season 2 episodes left).

The last 10 work days, I have spent a total of eight hours not in meetings.     That craziness ends at noon today then I'll be able to return to a little office normalcy.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates, 5, and maybe weights.

I'm tired today.  Maybe because this is the first time I do my new compressed schedule in full all week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello everyone!

Pleasant...Solid bike miles as always. What kind of bike do you ride?

PR...I'm always surprised by how much the body can wake up on a run. Heck, the ones that start feeling the worst are often the ones that turn out to be the best. Anyway, nice job on the run.

Docket...Good luck with the work fatigue! I'm sure the evening run will leave you feeling refreshed 

Baboon..Is it even possible to have the many meetings and make them productive? Are you restructuring a company or something? Mind if I ask what you do?

Should be a shorter run for me tonight as I have to get home and pack for my weekend race. It's a trail series race night, but my body doesn't need that so I'll keep it safe and simple.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

Looks like I am going to run the mile tonight.  WHY.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Blue - good luck with the mile.  :-)

SIAR - what counts as "shorter" for you?

Baboon - nice swim.  I've had some meeting-packed weeks in my time, but never that bad.  Maybe dust off my calculus skills and calculate the limit as productivity approaches zero....

DR - Good luck with your workout tonight.  Thanks to your posting about your 4% hills workout yesterday, I did some homework.  The mile-long hill I'd counted on to help me train for the NY marathon is only a 2% grade while the Verrazzano bridge is an average 4% grade.  I'm going to need a bigger boat steeper hill.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

KCRuns

Good morning!

Fred, I often start my morning run half asleep and come alive somewhere around mile 2.

Pleasant, your high mileage bike rides are an impressive way to start the day!

Blue, Good Luck tonight!

Baboon, 10 days of meetings sounds like hell, I'm glad there's an end in sight for you!

I had a client in town the last 2 days, so it's been busy here as well. I did manage two short runs to work and home again, but no time for anything other than the most direct route (2 miles each way).  I did get another 2.5 miles of walking with my client to our meetings around downtown, so I was happy about that.

I ran a little over 3 to work this morning and hope to get the same going home.  It's definitely summer and the humidity really sucks.  I've discovered I'm really slow in the mornings (see above note about running half asleep + also hungry), but my runs home are usually a lot faster, so I guess it's balance.  Next week starts the new marathon training plan, so I'm going to have to start eating something small before my morning runs so I can hit the paces.  Right now, it's pretty unstructured so I don't care about pace, but that will need to change.

Legs are shot this am. 7mi done 9:12avg.

For anyone who wears the HR watch over night. Do you find your RHR is lower after a day where you did a hard workout or is there no difference? Also when I used this thing the other day on the track I turned auto lap off and used it in regular run mode (not interval). It worked out fantastic for me.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

I had planned on running mile repeats at 5k pace this weekend, but my legs are telling I might want to consider running them at recovery pace instead. 

delicate flower

Baboon..Is it even possible to have the many meetings and make them productive? Are you restructuring a company or something? Mind if I ask what you do?

I am a payroll manager.  We are in the early stages of implementing a new payroll/HR/benefits/recruitment/talent management system (going from Oracle to Workday).  So, these are basically planning meetings, having to walk through every single type of transaction across all modules so our consultants can then build our test databases.  I've get about a two week break before another 2-3 weeks of these sessions.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After lots of hills on Tuesday, it was an easy run on a flat course on Wednesday, ended up with 3.2 miles.   Then this morning, a run around the campus of University of Texas at San Antonio (where I work).  3.6 miles for this morning.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Blue...Why? Why not? It's way more fun to participate than to sit out, regardless of goals, expectations, and outcomes.

Fred...Shorter is 4-6 right now. Even if I'm able to get my mileage where I really want it, I'll still have runs of that length for recovery, but they'll be part of doubles instead of solo efforts.

KC...At least you're squeezing the runs in. Some is definitely better than none in my book. My morning runs are always slower too - can definitely empathize. New marathon cycle is exciting! Hope you are looking forward to it.

Jay...I like your style...you don't seem to force paces at all when your body isn't feeling it. You'd make a nice running buddy for me.

LRB...Mile repeats at recovery pace...will add that to my list of workouts! 

Baboon...That makes sense. At least the meetings sound purposeful, if not a little dull haha.

Scotty...Still racking up those runs! Nice work out there.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Blue...Why? Why not? It's way more fun to participate than to sit out, regardless of goals, expectations, and outcomes.

I am not Blue but I wouldn't spend all the effort of getting ready, drive there, etc., just to run a mile that's not an official race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I am not Blue but I wouldn't spend all the effort of getting ready, drive there, etc., just to run a mile that's not an official race.

It is "official," I think... but even if it's not, supposedly practice makes perfect.  Or I just feel like my self-esteem needs a few more good whacks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog