Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning Penguins! (Read 20 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Big week for me.  I've got a road trip to South Dakota later this week, which means I have to find some new routes and all.  I do get to see my nephew play some football though!  He broke another face mask this weekend.  He's kind of bad ass.  Anyway, we'll see how running goes when I'm sleeping in a tent and drinking beer around a fire every night.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Monday!  Sep 9th Holidays are Teddy Bear Day; National Grandparents Day; Wonderful Weirdos Day (yay, a day for me!); and Weinerschnitzel Day.

KEYWORD1  2007-01-31  telephone  telephones  phone  phones  cell phone  cell phones  cellphone  cell

grandparents cartoons, grandparents cartoon, grandparents picture, grandparents pictures, grandparents image, grandparents images, grandparents illustration, grandparents illustrations

grandparents cartoons, grandparents cartoon, grandparents picture, grandparents pictures, grandparents image, grandparents images, grandparents illustration, grandparents illustrations

teddy bear cartoons, teddy bear cartoon, teddy bear picture, teddy bear pictures, teddy bear image, teddy bear images, teddy bear illustration, teddy bear illustrations

teddy bear cartoons, teddy bear cartoon, teddy bear picture, teddy bear pictures, teddy bear image, teddy bear images, teddy bear illustration, teddy bear illustrations

weirdo cartoons, weirdo cartoon, weirdo picture, weirdo pictures, weirdo image, weirdo images, weirdo illustration, weirdo illustrations

weirdo cartoons, weirdo cartoon, weirdo picture, weirdo pictures, weirdo image, weirdo images, weirdo illustration, weirdo illustrations

KEYWORD1  2008-02-08  book  books  read  reading  story  stories  literature  writer

KEYWORD1  2008-05-26  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

sausage cartoons, sausage cartoon, sausage picture, sausage pictures, sausage image, sausage images, sausage illustration, sausage illustrations

sausage cartoons, sausage cartoon, sausage picture, sausage pictures, sausage image, sausage images, sausage illustration, sausage illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.

Saturday, did my 50th race of 2013:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/765d7b938619490da3ade6a3f6321573/resume#focus

After the race, went to watch UTSA play Oklahoma State. We got whomped by OSU 56 - 35. But we did put up 35 points against a Top 25 team, so that's progress for us, we've only had a football team for 3 years.    Sunday morning, I went to a local park and did an easy 3.2 miles on soft dirt trails.  My legs appreciated that after two VERY hilly runs during the week, a 5-miler on Labor Day and my race on Saturday.   After my run I was lazy all day, just sat around watching football.  Unfortunately, those darn Giants had 6 turnovers and so the Damn Dallas Cowboys won, sadly. Cry

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Still a bit under the weather but feeling close to 100%.  Will attempt an 8 miler tonight and see how I feel.  Hershey is semi back to normal and even slept between us as is his custom.  Hoping to have him yelling soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Awood, new route is always exciting. That tent sleep and beer might not work well with the LR

Scotty, congrats on 50th. What a milestone.

7M done with 4 x 500m. Heart is threatening to jump out of chest on last set.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

PADRunner

Morning Awood, Scotty, D, 4 easy for me, gym this afternoon.

Bin Running

Damaris, get well soon. Hope the 8M goes well.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Dad on the run.

Hey all. Took my Brooks back friday and after trying on a dozen different shoes I decided to go with a pair of Reebok. Reebok was my first shoe and I loved them so figured can't go wrong there. Got up this morning and did 3.5. First mile went great after that my it band started giving me a little trouble so i ran/walked the last 2.5. The shoes felt absolutely wonderful. Zero foot pain.

Now I'm at the Dr office with my beautiful wife waiting to get called back for our ultrasound!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Scotty: Congrats on the 50th.

Bin: I hope your heart stayed in there. Wink

Awood: Safe travels and enjoy the new routes.

Docket: Yelling?

PAD: nice work. When is the next race?

SRD for me.

Have a good day.

hog4life

Ah, grandparents day! I should have taken off work. Have the NOBO class tonight, but I hope to get a ladder repeat run done. It's one of the Ryan Hall plan toughest workouts.

Jimmy, glad there was no foot pain.

Scotty, you are a racing machine.

Awood, enjoy the trip, should be some decent weather.

Damaris, feel better, glad Hershey is coming around. Seeing them in a normal routine is a good sign.

Bin, nice workout.

Pad, I need to get my butt back to the gym.

Jack, enjoy the RD.

Dad on the run.

Hog - to answer your question from saturday. it was the ball of my foot that was hurting. I ran this morning with no foot pain just ITBS issues.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Hog - to answer your question from saturday. it was the ball of my foot that was hurting. I ran this morning with no foot pain just ITBS issues.

Oh, okay, thanks.

PADRunner

Hi Pens...

Scotty: Congrats on the 50th.

Bin: I hope your heart stayed in there. Wink

Awood: Safe travels and enjoy the new routes.

Docket: Yelling?

PAD: nice work. When is the next race?

SRD for me.

Have a good day.

I'm working on a 10k 10/12, but I saw a two-fifths marathon (10.486 mls) on 9/28 this morning that looked interesting. I thinks it's the only two-fifths marathon in the country.

I'm scheduled for an 8 mile long run  that day so I might use it for training. Not sure if I'm ready for that or not, but it's cheap and If I treat it as just a long run I should make it. Might be a good gauge for a half next year.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  The plan is to run 6 in my new Cortanas if they arrive today. Smile

I did my 1 minute plank.  I plan to try for 3:00 on the last day of the challenge.