Beginners and Beyond

Dazed & Confused Tuesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

Brilliant

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!  I'm back from Spain and got a semi-normal night of sleep last night (8pm-4:30am with only one brief bought of wakefulness).   So I thought I was feeling pretty good this morning, but then I wrote out a response to everyone in the Monday thread, thinking today was Monday.  Just before hitting "post" I thought it was strange that Damaris said she was going to run "tonight" but then she posted again saying she'd already run.  So apparently I'm a little disoriented this morning!

So to summarize my Monday post: Smile

Hopesmom, so sorry you're sick but Congrats on the chorus score!

Jerry, hope you enjoyed the rest.

Ginny & Damaris, hope you had good runs.

Zel, why pool running, did I miss something since I haven't been around much?

I'm headed out for 5 miles or so as soon as it's light outside.  Gotta work off all that wine & cheese.  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight.

Brilliant, glad you had a great time in Spain!  Getting back on track, especially with your time difference, takes time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning! 4 miles this morning, Group training tonight.

Racing starts this week so I'll be changing to a Wed-Sun week with Thur-Sat nights. It will probably be a 7 day week this week because everyone waits till the last minute to get things done before we start.

Welcome back Brill.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Welcome back, Bri and belated Happy BDay.

Enjoy the Pilates and miles, Docket.

Good luck with the racing schedule, PAD.

3 for me a little later, waiting for a warmup.  Racing starts for us (or probably me) in 3 weeks.

Have a great day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Holy cow, it's winter again!!  We saw actual snow at our house this morning, but unfortunately not enough to make an excuse to skip work.  So I pulled out my winter gear and bundled up and here I am.  Luckily our blueberry bushes are in pots and we could bring them in, since they're blooming.  Much reading of grant proposals going on today, oh joy.

Brilliant -- welcome home, glad you had a good time in Spain!!

Docket -- Enjoy your Pilates and 8!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4 done, and have fun tonight!!

Jerryb -- Have a good 3, hope it warms up for you!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Welcome back! I am pool running because I might have a tibial stress fracture. I get the results from my MRI tomorrow, but either way I'll have to figure out how to get past this.

GinnyinPA

Another frigid day here - 36 feels like 24.  The sun is shining though, so I may run outside anyway, if the wind isn't too bad.

Brilliant - welcome home.  I'm glad you had a good trip.

Damaris - enjoy your run and Pilates tonight.

Jerry - how is your wife's ITB doing?  Is she able to run a bit farther?

PAD - enjoy your double.  Does racing season make it harder to get your runs in?  At least you can still race, if you're working evenings on the weekend.

HopesMom - good luck with the grant proposals.

Z - good job on your hard workout yesterday.  And good luck with the doctor tomorrow.

PADRunner

PAD - enjoy your double.  Does racing season make it harder to get your runs in?  At least you can still race, if you're working evenings on the weekend.

Actually it's easier. I run in the mornings so if I don't have to be at work till later I can wait till the sun comes up to run.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - how is your wife's ITB doing?  Is she able to run a bit farther?

She was supposed to run 4x1minute, but it started to tweak after 3.   Not looking good for our spring HM's.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I'm supposed to do an interval run today but I've had a sinus headache all day.  I'm hoping the advil will drain my sinuses and I can get it done, but who knows?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

I find running is great for clearing the sinuses.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I find running is great for clearing the sinuses.

Yeah that's true but it is hard to run when my head is pounding from this silly sinus headache.  I don't even feel like walking at this point :-(  Maybe I'll take a hot shower and then run?  How weird would that be?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Yeah that's true but it is hard to run when my head is pounding from this silly sinus headache.  I don't even feel like walking at this point :-(  Maybe I'll take a hot shower and then run?  How weird would that be?

That might do the trick!

GinnyinPA

Jill - I hope your headache went away.

Jerry - I'm sorry your wife won't be able to do your spring races with you.  She must be feeling so frustrated.

I did 7.3 from town to the house.  It warmed up to mid-40s so it was pretty comfortable by the time I ran.