Beginners and Beyond

Ditto ThursDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup yo!

Looks like more crap weather outside and a travel advisory regarding snow squalls, is that a flock of birds?

I slept in again and therefore will not run again today, how about you?

on my way to badass

Out soon for my first miles in over a week. Gonna try out my new cold weather tights. There is no wind today. I plan on doing a holiday running streak. Is there usually a thread for that in B&B, or do I join the open forum one?

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

delicate flower

WHAT DO IT THERE ACE OK NOW!

Rest days suck.  I don't know why people take them.  I took one yesterday and it was horrible...just horrible.  3-4 miles planned after work today.

Grip it and rip it.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

Marjorie

happylily

If I finish work early, I'll run 7-8 at tempo. If not, it will have to be much later. I have a parent-teacher meeting around 6 pm at DS' school.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I were able to get out the door this morning, we hit the trails for 7.3 miles. Yesterday's 45 degrees melted 90% of the snow BUT last night's freezing temps and this morning's 23 degrees helped freeze the ground and any mud.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Warm up in San Antonio for today...will be a pleasant 66 degrees for my run/walk after work, nice!   Tomorrow, though, storms are moving into the area.  On Saturday, they are supposed to be REALLY bad.   Great, I have a 5K event Saturday morning.  I can deal with the rain, but lightning is another matter.

I plan on doing a holiday running streak.  StoneFence, you mean like 'days in a row', right....and not running nekkid on the day of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... 

Rest days suck.  I don't know why people take them.  Cuz, Baboon, some of us (okay, me) are old.....and decrepit in certain places on their body.      I get out there and get started and my mind keeps saying "C'mon, you can still run like when you were 30!"  But then when I try do to that, my old body says "Oh no you don't!"  I definitely need my rest days, lol.   Happy miles to you today!

Enjoy your rest day, Marjorie!  Are you still traveling?

I have a parent-teacher meeting around 6 pm at DS' school.  What did your kid do now, Lily?   Following the mother's example of being a rebel...    j/k, of course.  Hope you can get your miles in.

You didn't do any 'slip-n-slide' on all that frozen ground, Free Soul?  Way to get the miles in, in spite of Mother Nature.

LRB, there is such a thing as after-work running!    I was watching the news last night and our local weather folks were showing all the stuff up in Detroit, New York, etc....and saying "Now aren't you glad you live in San Antonio?"  Damn right!  Stay safe up there...you....Jay...and whomever else here is dealing with all that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I couldn't wake up early to run before working from home so I missed on the good weather.  I have Pilates and some miles tonight but they won't be longish like I wanted in the morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I enjoy and look forward to my rest days.

I ran 8 again this morning.  15 degrees and a little breezy but not terrible.

LRB

Warm up in San Antonio for today...will be a pleasant 66 degrees for my run/walk after work, nice!   Tomorrow, though, storms are moving into the area.  On Saturday, they are supposed to be REALLY bad.   Great, I have a 5K event Saturday morning.  I can deal with the rain, but lightning is another matter.

I plan on doing a holiday running streak.  StoneFence, you mean like 'days in a row', right....and not running nekkid on the day of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... 

Rest days suck.  I don't know why people take them.  Cuz, Baboon, some of us (okay, me) are old.....and decrepit in certain places on their body.      I get out there and get started and my mind keeps saying "C'mon, you can still run like when you were 30!"  But then when I try do to that, my old body says "Oh no you don't!"  I definitely need my rest days, lol.   Happy miles to you today!

Enjoy your rest day, Marjorie!  Are you still traveling?

I have a parent-teacher meeting around 6 pm at DS' school.  What did your kid do now, Lily?   Following the mother's example of being a rebel...    j/k, of course.  Hope you can get your miles in.

You didn't do any 'slip-n-slide' on all that frozen ground, Free Soul?  Way to get the miles in, in spite of Mother Nature.

LRB, there is such a thing as after-work running!    I was watching the news last night and our local weather folks were showing all the stuff up in Detroit, New York, etc....and saying "Now aren't you glad you live in San Antonio?"  Damn right!  Stay safe up there...you....Jay...and whomever else here is dealing with all that!

If I were in training I would have gotten up and got it done, but one of the great things about being in the off-season is you do not have to run, so I chose not to.

Having said that running after work or during lunch crossed my mind for about a millisecond before it was dismissed!

LRB

I enjoy and look forward to my rest days.

I ran 8 again this morning.  15 degrees and a little breezy but not terrible.

Did you get snow? We did here although not terribly bad enough that I may not be able to run on that crap.  I had decided last night that today would be a treadmill run but moving forward I have no idea what I am doing.

I am pretty sure the track is out of the question though.

onemile

Did you get snow? We did here although not terribly bad enough that I may not be able to run on that crap.  I had decided last night that today would be a treadmill run but moving forward I have no idea what I am doing.

I am pretty sure the track is out of the question though.

Just a few flurries yesterday but no accumulation.  I mostly avoid running through snow unless it's just an inch or so because I feel like it stresses my calves and ankles too much.

LRB

Just a few flurries yesterday but no accumulation.  I mostly avoid running through snow unless it's just an inch or so because I feel like it stresses my calves and ankles too much.

It gets me in the Achilles plus it's just unsafe when I cannot see the sidewalk, boo.

LRB

Out soon for my first miles in over a week. Gonna try out my new cold weather tights. There is no wind today. I plan on doing a holiday running streak. Is there usually a thread for that in B&B, or do I join the open forum one?

As far as I can remember we have not had a streak specific to this group.

Congrats on getting back out there!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nah, Scotty Smile There were a couple spots with some slick ice but I've gotten pretty good at handling them on trails, it's on the road where you get comfortable and then BAM!! You're doing the "electric slide" all over the place lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)