Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are like snowflakes (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Top of the morning and happy  - well, you know what day it is!

SRD for me, a bit sore from yesterday. As usual.

I will be cross-training with the chain saw today, as a 50 foot oak has fallen into my yard. I knew it was going to come down eventually, so I pre-cut it to direct the fall. That was probably a good thing since it landed on the grass instead of the house.

Anyway, I'll be cutting it up and stacking it.

Anyone know where I can get an old-fashioned iron fire ring?

I just saw a camel with 3 humps...so is it Humphrey Day? 

Yeah, always a good thing not to have a tree fall on the house...unless my ex-wife is in it... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Yeah, always a good thing not to have a tree fall on the house...unless my ex-wife is in it... 

lol

I am sure she would say the same thing about your butt!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.4 for me today.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay for no meetings, Hobbit!  Good luck with the post-work miles!

What does Rocky get to wear when it's cold like that, FreeSoul?

Raining like a big dog here too, outoftheblue...and Jack in CA is getting rain too...are we all on the same lattitude point or something?  Ironically, as the storm broke big-time this morning as I was having breakfast, a TV ad came on for the upcoming Noah's Ark movie, lol.

Andrew, compared to where you live San Antonio does not have ANY cold days!  Maybe you should invest in a 'snow-bird' condo down here and escape for the winter.

Good lord...snow for LRB too...Mother Nature is going crazy....sorry about the fiddle-faddle garmin.  So glad I don't need to use one with my type of running - slow, slower, and slowest are my only 3 paces.  After 30 years I'm pretty familiar with my pacing and can pretty much 'guesstimate' how far I went based on how long I was out there.   On occasion after I'm done, I go back and measure it just to see how close my guesstimate was and surprisingly, I've always been within  .2 or .3 of the actual distance I went.

Good luck, Zelanie, with your track workout!  Hope the weather behaves!  If not, well hey, at least part of the time on the track the wind will be at your back.  Gotta keep trying to look for the bright side! 

Congrats on your run, Step.

Basya, I do a circuit of very specific exercises designed to strengthen my 'supporting muscles' and core to help my arthritis.  Gotta love the military!  I'm retired military and my PT actually came with me to the gym to do the circuit with me and show me exactly which exercises to do and, important too, which NOT to do, those that would strain my back too much.  Because of my situation, I can only use machine weights, no free weight, except for light dumbbells.   I do light weights (40 to 80 lbs), with 2 - 3 sets at each machine, 10 - 12 reps each set. The machines I use are leg press; hamstrings, leg extension (quads); that 'kickback' machine (don't know what it's called, but it works the glutes), adductor/abductor machine;  roman chair (for abs) and one that you do a twisting motion with, for the love handles; and then a lot of arm machines, e.g.biceps, triceps, pulldown machines for shoulders, back, etc - sorry can't remember the specific names of them all.  It takes me about an hour to get through my routine.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

lol

I am sure she would say the same thing about your butt!

I am sure she would!  Sad, but there it is.  She was my 'rebound' marriage from a tragic first one (my first wife was killed by a drunk driver) and it was a mistake from the get-go.  We had kids almost right away - the only good thing to come out of that marriage - which was a mistake, we should have waited to get to know each other first, to see if we would work out (we didn't) and then ended up just 'sticking it out' for many years because of the kids.  Which really was not good for them either.   In spite of me and her, our kids actually turned out okay and are pretty good people today.  I think a lot of that was due to my parents' influence, they were with my kids the most as I was traveling quite a bit with the Air Force during those days.

Docket_Rocket

So, I could've stayed in Broward but they said the AC was fixed.  Trust me, it is not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

So, I could've stayed in Broward but they said the AC was fixed.  Trust me, it is not.

Wait, did you just complain about air conditioning in a thread that references snowflakes?  lmao!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, he just wears his florescent orange vest. If temps get below 10 I don't normally take him out unless we go on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You need to set a 'can work nekkid' policy so y'all can stay cool when that A/C goes off! 

LRB

I am home, time to stuff my face with food...wait, I have been doing that all week! 

Marjorie, brava on the 9.4.

scottydawg, thank you for sharing what you do. I have arthritis and a family history of osteopenia/osteoporosis, which is why I asked.

No running group meetup for me. Two kids were picked up late enough that I missed the last T to get to the LRS. Still no word about NYCM:/

LRB

No running group meetup for me. Two kids were picked up late enough that I missed the last T to get to the LRS. Still no word about NYCM:/

How on earth would you run those two should you get in so close together B?

I looked at the hill profiles of both. I finished Jerusalem without any soreness. I'd be OK.

Docket_Rocket

6 miles on the bike, pushups and situps.  Nice for my day off.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris, great biking, push-ups, and sit-ups.

I didn't get a spot in the NYCM. I did do push-ups and ab work.