Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Sundailies (Read 26 times)

Chicago Marathon today; I’m tracking a few people from my running group. The only person from here I know who’s doing it is KCRuns, and I don’t know her real name. Seems weird for Damaris to not be in it! It’s 73 degrees with 63 DP at the start, so it’s her kind of day. 

I woke up at 3 AM because of the dog, and have been up since. I’ll get out for about 9 later on.

Dave

LRB

Chicago Marathon today; I’m tracking a few people from my running group. The only person from here I know who’s doing it is KCRuns, and I don’t know her real name. Seems weird for Damaris to not be in it! It’s 73 degrees with 63 DP at the start, so it’s her kind of day. 

I woke up at 3 AM because of the dog, and have been up since. I’ll get out for about 9 later on.

And now you do.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Chicago Marathon today;

Chepngetich is running an insane pace.  She's on sub-2:14 pace, has dropped her pacesetter, and is only a couple seconds behind Chris Derrick (2:12 marathon)

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

LRB - how's your wrist?

Wrist is good. My pinky, ring and middle fingers of my left hand took the brunt of the fall. I didn't need any pills to cope with the pain which is how I judge the severity of these things. I have a full range of motion in all but the middle finger and it's at about 90% so I'm good.

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, bub!  I was up early-for-me on a Saturday (6:30).  Slept pretty good for post-marathon.   Definitely a fair bit of achy discomfort and fidgeting during the night though.  I went to the track and ran 3.5 really easy miles before meeting DW and friend for breakfast.  Cranberry walnut pancakes with my standard side of eggs for me.

Happy Birthday, George!

<3

Wrist is good. My pinky, ring and middle fingers of my left hand took the brunt of the fall. I didn't need any pills to cope with the pain which is how I judge the severity of these things. I have a full range of motion in all but the middle finger and it's at about 90% so I'm good.

It’s definitely been FALL around here lately

Workday

2.35, flat with yucky ham, then one short hill.   Feels like residue from yesterday’s 1mi of wiggly roadcrown hill.

That’s okay; 10 little rehab-runs for 30.85 for the week.

Hmm, could be a coinkydink, last week’s annoying different stringy thing right leg problem ended when I started stretching the upper body and got rid of the knot by the shoulder blade.

LRB

Whatcha say there, bub!  I was up early-for-me on a Saturday (6:30).  Slept pretty good for post-marathon.   

You must still be sleep.

delicate flower

I've had the Chicago Marathon on for 15 minutes and so far it's been nothing but push rim and commercials.  Are there any actual runners there today?

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've had the Chicago Marathon on for 15 minutes and so far it's been nothing but push rim and commercials.  Are there any actual runners there today?

Poor timing, but now that the push rim races are decided, we should see some runners.  Could be an exciting race for third for the women as Emma Bates is gradually closing the gap on Sara Hall.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Big breakaway between 30K and 35K in the men's race.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

delicate flower

You must still be sleep.

Honestly my brain is not working well today.

<3

LRB

No worries, it's allowed here. 👍

It’s still operating in marathon mode.

Dave

The people I’m tracking are looking good through the half, but I’m fearing the heat may catch up with them.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I'm not in it BECAUSE it is hot and humid. It does feel weird I'm not there after 7 years but I'm not sorry because I probably wouldn't have started with that weather.

I have 6-7 later. Heading to watch the James Bond movie on IMAX at 2pm.

LRB, ouch. Nothing broken, I hope!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page