Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 49 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' Daily-ites!

Did 5 miles this morning under clear skies.

Have a great day everyone!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Slow morning. Hi!

6 miles after work. I'm hoping the office closes early.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  2 miles tonight and some weights.  Off to Court.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Good morning ladies!

I am off today.  I have just a short easy trot on the schedule then I am going to have some really good pizza for breakfast while checking out a morning viewing of Olympus Has Fallen.

Yes, they serve the pizza at the theater, and it is some of the best around.

First up though, nothing!

Jeepofspades

Morning!

i am not running today. Had a bad run yesterday, not sure why I was planning a slow tempo run but started to fall back legs were really sore. Maybe the weather has me jumping right back were I left off....

have a great day!

delicate flower

'Morning, Ralph.  'Morning, Sam.  Welcome to another episode of OMG IT'S FRIDAY!  Yesterday was 60 minutes of easy pedaling on the spin bike, and today I am planning an elliptical ass kicker.

Tomorrow is my last of three race DNS's this spring.  Since I can't run, I'm volunteering again.  Free long sleeve wicking shirt and baked goods!  I mean, that's what it's all about, right?  My spirits have been up since yesterday, not that they were ever really down, but I'm psyched since I can bike now and that running is just a month away.

Enjoy your Friday and your Easter weekend, kids!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Baboon's been watching Looney Tunes with LRB! Smile

I will probably put in some very slow recovery miles in a couple hours, but may cut it short. The ankle I tweaked on the indoor track a month ago was really sore last night. It has been tender/weak feeling all along, but last night it actually hurt (not during my run, just around the house). This morning it feels OK, but if it squawks at all, I'll take an URD and cross my fingers I can still get my long run in tomorrow, because next week will be very light due to family obligations and a 5-mile race next Sunday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Dammit, my boxers are on backwards.  THIS ISN'T AN EASY FIX.

<3

Good morning, everyone!

flarunner, thanks for starting today's thread. Beautiful five-miler in beautiful weather.

AprilRunner, enjoy your six-miler.

Damaris, have a great run and a wonderful weight-training session.

Rick, I hope that your trot is terrific. Let me/us know what you think of Olympus has fallen.

Jeepofspades, great to see you!  I hope that today will be more pleasant than yesterday.

Phil, again, how positive you've been during your injury and recovery is inspiring.

Shari, I hope that your recovery run is comfortable.

My daily dose if push-ups is done. I've made and drunk my frappe. I'm waiting for it to do its job and for the water I've boiled for the nasal saline solution to cool. I'll head out in a little over an hour for five or six miles.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I went to Lackland Air Force Base yesterday.   Ended up with 3.5 miles done and going up and down a couple of the pedestrian highway overpasses for a bit of "hill' work.  Cloudy day, but nice, at 75 degrees.  Very humid.  Yet the rain still won't come and give us some drought relief.    Today is a rest day.   Picking up my packet today for my 8K tomorrow morning.

Congrats on the 5, flarunner.

Yeah, April, good luck with the office closing early.  Hope you get your wish.  Enjoy your post-work miles.

Happy court day, Damaris!

Enjoy the movie, LRB, let us know if it's any good.  Trailers look interesting.  Yeah, we have 'dinner' movies now in San Antonio, you go in, sit down in your theater seats, with accompanying table,  get a menu, order what you want, and they bring it to you right before the movie starts.

Sorry about the bad run, Jeep.  Hope your legs feel better after a rest day or two.

Have fun volunteering at the race, Phil.  Hey, maybe you can take a camera and take photos of the runners as they pass by you.  Big grin  Happy biking today!

Sorry about the ankle, step.  Time to go see a PT?    Hope your ankle behaves for your miles and treats you especially well for your long run tomorrow.

Good luck with the miles, Basya!  What's a 'frappe"?   I read that...and heard Elmer Fudd in my head....."Darn..my  long underwear frappe is down...I bet that darn wabbit did it..."  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Dammit, my boxers are on backwards.  THIS ISN'T AN EASY FIX.

LOL. I'm sorry. But that was funny.

scottydawg, great run yesterday.

This is a frappe.

Robert31320

Team TJ

At noon today, the local churches are having a "Good Friday Walk for Homeless Awareness".  It is 5 miles and they have invited joggers as well.  I will be running this with a co-worker.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Baboon's been watching Looney Tunes with LRB! Smile

It's must see TV!

Boon, I did that a month or so ago lol!  Wasn't till I got home that I was able to fix it.  Let us know how that works out for ya!

Good morning B.