Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 49 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

Coffee's on!!!!!!

Shot some moderately decent pool last night, but only managed to win one of three matches. For some reason, I've just been choking under pressure and just cannot put that last game away. Anyway, they were all good matches, right down to the wire.

I'm not sure of my running plans today. I was thinking of doing a short, easy run, and I probably will. But I want to be in good running condition so that I can go longer tomorrow. Maybe I'll just do some weight training today instead. Or in addition to running.

I don't know. It's early, and I haven't laid out a plan lately to follow. One thing's for certain - I'll do something!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Change of plans - the more I moved around, the more I realized just how shot my legs are from yesterday's run + strength training. And I have a lot of stuff to get done this morning before we can leave for Easter weekend. URD. I'll get a couple of short walks in to get some blood flow going through my legs, though.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend, friends.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ball of Fury

Easy 5-miles @ 4:30 AM...wanted to do 6 but ran out of time, since I had to be at work at 6:30.  Nice run though...35 degrees with zero wind!

LRB and Phil: Sorry to hear about the boxer troubles...I don't see how you guys wear those things...don't they get all bunched up?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

LRB, I loved the movie.  Enjoy.  Our theater also has a section that includes a restaurant.  Not sure if they serve pizza though.  That would be awesome if they do.

I'm tired.  At least there was no traffic on the way to Broward.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I don't know. It's early, and I haven't laid out a plan lately to follow. One thing's for certain - I'll do something!

The fitness world is your oyster today!

Supp Scotty!  That sounds like a great theater concept.

Ami, sports boxers for me.  There is just too much freedom in regular boxers for my tastes.  ; )

Good call Step.  Enjoy the rest, I am sure your body will!

Docket_Rocket

Maybe try the speedo next??? Joking

The fitness world is your oyster today!

Supp Scotty!  That sounds like a great theater concept.

Ami, sports boxers for me.  There is just too much freedom in regular boxers for my tastes.  ; )

Good call Step.  Enjoy the rest, I am sure your body will!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Briefs are where it's at. Just not the "tighty-whitey" ones!

Just sayin' .... Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm tired.  At least there was no traffic on the way to Broward.

I always forget that I get to work so much faster when there's no school and most businesses are closed. I got to work 20 minutes early today. Whoops. Oh well, it's OT. Big grin

LRB

Maybe try the speedo next??? Joking

Ha-ha, when I go to Europe, sure (not really).  Seriously though, boxer briefs are what's up.

Seriously though, boxer briefs are what's up.

+1

Actually wore boxers my whole adult life till a year or two ago, then switched to boxer briefs. Mid-life crisis? DW was a bit puzzled. But it's a good thing.

Heading to yoga shortly, no run today I think after a solid 9 last night. Although looks beautiful out today, so I will be tempted....

Dave

Hip Redux

TGIF!  Heading into a LONG weekend, too!  Off this afternoon, off Monday.  Except I have two meetings on my calendar for Monday already that I have to attend so yay?

Today will be a run of some distance and some level of effort.  The sun is out!

LRB

4 miles done at a smooth 9:26 pace.  Off to eat!

Just B.S.

Morning all! Didn't have time to post yesterday.

Yesterdays workouts were hard. We spent all day Wed cleaning out my Aunt's apartment and moving

everything to our house. Then due to my Aunt being up and down all night I only had 2 hours sleep Wed

night and the previous few nights weren't much better.  Plus her ex-roommate was a very heavy smoker

and I've had a headache  since we moved her stuff in since it all reeks of smoke and I am allergic.

So late yesterday I dragged my butt through a 15km run run followed 1 hour later by 1 hour of swim clinic. 

I slept like a log last night. Complete exhaustion catches up at some point and the body crashed for 9 hours

Today is the first warm day of the spring here. 44F!! Hubby and I are getting the road bikes out for the first time,

since the roads are now clear of ice. Hopefully for a ride lasting a  few hours. Can't wait. 

19 mile run on tap for tomorrow. 

Enjoy your Easter Weekend everyone!

Hip Redux

I posted a question about low mileage over in the general forum:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/8b044106098349b1a9ef3fad24c21715/resume#focus

Wondering if there are others on a low mileage sort of schedule that might have some guidance.  A HM is out for me this year, but I'd like to work on shorter distances.   But my right leg is a mess from my nerve issues, and I can't really do anything much in terms of distance increases in the near future until that resolves.

Robert, good luck today.

Tom, enjoy whatever you do.

Shari, have a refreshing RD.

AmiK, sweet easy run.

Oski, yay for taking it outsideSmile

Rick, fantastic four.

Beth, enjoy the ride with DH. I hope that today is more restful.

6.01 soul-sucking miles done in 57:26.34. 9:33 pace. I hadn't consumed anything but water and a frappe in more than eleven hours. Also, a 15mph wind kept smacking me on the face for the entire run. Splits were 10:07.65/9:35.74/9:12.73/9:35.62/9:24.31/9:25.64. Well enough, I suppose. I might try making one run per week a fasted (ten or more hours) run.