Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #244 (Read 25 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Monday. At least next week is a holiday, like it really makes a difference right now. 6 miles this morning because the weather forecast was for low 60s. Unfortunately, it was also humid, so it wasn;t the crisp fall like weather I was hoping for.

7 miles. 
      285 for the month.

Dave

Cyberic

5 x (2000-200) in beautiful weather.

7:47, 7:39, 7:39, 7:37, 7:24 on the 2000s

352 for the month

30 min pool mix, feel the right quad just a bit, almost the same as the left.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! RD for me.

236.50 for the month. Best since March 2019.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

2600 yard swim done.  It's taken 10 weeks to get back to full swim speed after a year of neglect and Covid shutdown.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles, 190 for the month

First day of (virtual) school for us today. MrW and I will tag team as teachers--he has 3 days/week and I have 2. So on my 3 non-teaching days, I'll be onsite at work. Hoping we'll have some idea of school day schedule after today and that DS can be somewhat independent through some (most?) of it.

LRB

I ran 6.

I haven't been keeping up with the school situation here but we're nearing the time when runner hunting season for back to school drivers starts. It'll be refreshing but weird not to have to run for my life for those first few weeks.

KCRuns

4.3 miles this morning in cooler 67 degree weather.  It was still plenty warm in the sun, but there was a nice breeze.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran 6.

I haven't been keeping up with the school situation here but we're nearing the time when runner hunting season for back to school drivers starts. It'll be refreshing but weird not to have to run for my life for those first few weeks.

Here that will likely happen due the dark of winter with the exception of private schools.  They made a big show about opening and apparently when you spend all that money for school, you also own the road.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran 5 miles this morning at a 9:59 min/mile pace after dropping my son off at school, it was 72 degrees and humid BUT cloudy with absolutely no sunshine so that was nice. My easy effort paces seem to be getting back down to what they were in 2016-2017, and I am very pleased with that. It feels great to feel like my body is barely putting much effort into these sub 10 min/mile paces (other than trying to stay cool in hot or humid temps).

I'm currently sitting on 149.4 miles for the month.... seriously tempted to go run .6 miles before picking my son up from school just so I can reach 150 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

Traffic in my area is still super light compared to "normal". Today some businesses (gyms, movie theaters, churches) can reopen at low occupancy so not sure if that'll make any noticeable difference to my running. As a rule, I avoid the local Catholic church on weekend mornings because it's waaaaay worse than any school; most of my closest roadkill moments have been there.

Traffic in my area is still super light compared to "normal". Today some businesses (gyms, movie theaters, churches) can reopen at low occupancy so not sure if that'll make any noticeable difference to my running. As a rule, I avoid the local Catholic church on weekend mornings because it's waaaaay worse than any school; most of my closest roadkill moments have been there.

They figure they’re on their way to confession anyway, so what’s one more thing.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, OMG, yes. The church going drivers are the worst. For me, its the Baptists and Lutherans who nearly run me down. Luckily the Lutheran church has stayed closed.  The Baptists ignored the closing.

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, OMG, yes. The church going drivers are the worst. For me, its the Baptists and Lutherans who nearly run me down. Luckily the Lutheran church has stayed closed.  The Baptists ignored the closing.

Most churches in my area have their signs written in another language (Korean, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Mandarin, etc) so I have no idea really what they are, ha   But those are all really small with no noticeable traffic patterns and they've stayed closed for months. But the big Catholic church? Might as well be a mall parking lot. Combine oblivious, rude, elderly and you get a mess. I'd rather run by the freeway on/off ramps.