Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES QOTD (Read 46 times)

LRB

How are you?

delicate flower

I got 10 hours of sleep last night.  10 glorious hours.  I am now bageling and coffeeing.  Today I'll tag along with DW on her LR, so it'll just be a long recovery effort for me.  Probably 11-12 miles.  Costco trip later.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I made today a rest day and actually got like 8 hours of sleep , 3-4 more hours than average for me Smile

Today is a lazy day with more cleaning and stuff.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I got 10 hours of sleep last night.  

Totes jelly. Literally more sleep than I've had the last two nights combined. I have gotten up at 4-4:30 the last two mornings, despite having nothing to get up for, and despite being back on Eastern time after 2 weeks out west (so it's like getting up at 1-1:30). 

Anyway: 6 easy this morning. Weird to run so short on a Sunday. Starting to get warm out there.

50 miles for the week.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just discovered yesterday the runnerspace.com has a link to watch races on athleticscanada.tv so I watched the Ottawa 10K last night and the Ottawa Marathon this morning.  That was after spending all yesterday afternoon watching the PA State HS track championships on TV. Maybe I should stop watching and actually go run?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Just discovered yesterday the runnerspace.com has a link to watch races on athleticscanada.tv so I watched the Ottawa 10K last night and the Ottawa Marathon this morning.  That was after spending all yesterday afternoon watching the PA State HS track championships on TV. Maybe I should stop watching and actually go run?

It is addicting isn't it? I got sucked in watching a college track meet one day after work this week and completely blew off doing the yard.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It is addicting isn't it? I got sucked in watching a college track meet one day after work this week and completely blew off doing the yard.

Especially when the HS where I used to coach won both the boys and girls AAA team championship. One of the boys set a state record and ran the fastest time ever by a PA HS boy at 800m in 1:48.72.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

LRB

One of the boys set a state record and ran the fastest time ever by a PA HS boy at 800m in 1:48.72.

WHEN IS HIS FIRST MARATHON???!!!

lol

There are speedsters everywhere. The future of the sport is definitely in good hands!

LRB

50 miles for the week.

Your mileage the past five weeks looks good. Easy does it.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

WHEN IS HIS FIRST MARATHON???!!!

lol

There are speedsters everywhere. The future of the sport is definitely in good hands!

Fat chance. He also anchored the 4 x 400m relay to a 3:13 win.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

LRB

Fat chance.

I do not blame him, the quest for marathon glory versus remaining true to who you are sometimes comes at a steep price. Look no further than Ryan Hall and Galen Rupp for examples of this.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  12 miles later (on the TM).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

George, did you see me? I finished somewhere around 3:40. I was going for 3:39, but I suffered a most unusual case of chafing between and below the knees. Both legs were rubbed so bad that I bled profusely for 10 miles. I could feel the burning, but I had the good sense of not looking. Had I looked, I would have fainted.  I just took pictures now, but I like you all too much the show so much horror here. Anyway, it will heal... Can't wait to apply some soap to the area.  This marathon was meant as a training run, to make me feel better about Boston, and it did. I ran 18 miles last week at a faster pace, and 64 miles overall. Again, no taper. But the conditions today were almost ideal, though a bit hot in the second half. 18th BQ in the bag. 7 more to go and I win something. Not sure what, yet, but I'll figure it out eventually.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Today I'll tag along with DW on her LR, so it'll just be a long recovery effort for me.  Probably 11-12 miles.  

11.6 miles done.  While a pretty easy pace for me, 2:08 is still a lot of time and my legs are frikkin tired.    There is still something to be said for logging time on feet.

<3

Cyberic

16.75 miles: 9,75 E + 5 MP +  2 E

MTA: Experimented with gel fuel. Had 2 gus (strawberry-banana and salty caramel) and a Hammer (don't remember the flavous... orange I think). I'm much less tired after my long run. I never had fuel on a LR, and often don't even drink.