Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies...even warmer? (Read 38 times)

Good Morning Runners

Well tomorrow is race day. The tendonitis in my ankle that I was dealing with at the start of the year seems to be acting up a little. Not sure how tomorrow is going to go but just trying to stay positive and not think about it.

4mi + 4x100m strides 8:43 avg.  

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

'Morning! Add to the list of things that suck:  Spilling an entire glass of water on the kitchen floor at 2:00 AM.

Anyway, two hours until I run a 5K marathon.  Undecided on what to do with the day after that, though the excitement that is laundry and groceries will be in the mix.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Sigh.  The cats started fighting at 6:30am so I am fucking awake and not happy.  I have OTF and 7 miles today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 6.3 miles on rubber legs.  I had naively planned on 12-13 miles, but my legs pretty quickly said FTSRITF.

Riding doesn't beat me up nearly as much as running, but a lot of it does make my legs cry.  I rode 4.5 hours yesterday, but my legs feel like I just ran about 3 hours.  I don't have the overall body-achey fatigue that an 18 miler puts on me, and expect to be near totally recovered in the morning.

Baboon, does that sound about right for the feet vs the bike?  Or, am I just pedaling too easy?

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Today was the Martian Marathon. I haven't run the 5k there since 2014, and didn't run it today because of a steady downpour, wind chills in the 30s and sustained high winds. Yet, I'm going out to jog in it. 

Honey, I'm home.

Pretty much kept up my running while in Germany except for the day I headed there, due to spending basically a whole day traveling. Which broke a 78-day streak. I don't care too much about that, except for the fact that keeping it up till my marathon would have made it something like 99 days. Which I would have then broken the next day, and it would have been fun to really upset all the OCD folks on the forum.

However the running was worse than ever. I suppose the same shittiness but exacerbated by doing roll-out-of-bed runs early mornings, after nights heavy on the drinking and light on the sleeping. Not to mention being on my feet all day manning my company's booth at a 3-day trade show. But my easy pace was actually around 10:30 - 30-45 sec slower than usual this cycle, which has been 30-45 sec slower than before. I kept looking at my watch in complete disbelief. And the last morning I had 3x2 miles tempo, which was just a complete freaking disaster. My mystery sluggishness is combined with (or maybe caused by) my back still not at 100% and a nagging pain in my hip and lower abdominal/groin area I've been dealing with. I'm kind of a mess and should maybe shut things down, but I feel that I've got to get through this marathon first. Two weeks. Thank you taper. And I'm grateful we're not dealing with the ridiculous weather some of you are.

The other thing I just realized is that if I go to this show next year, Boston is the following Monday. Which would be interesting.

Today was the Martian Marathon. I haven't run the 5k there since 2014, and didn't run it today because of a steady downpour, wind chills in the 30s and sustained high winds. Yet, I'm going out to jog in it. 

That takes me back! Isn't that the weather for that damn race every year? Actually I believe that's what they had when I first ran it (HM) in 2013, but pretty decent weather for the marathon in 2014. Fond memories of that race because both were huge PRs, although that was back when every race was a PR. That marathon was also my first sub-4.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Beautiful day today at the beach. I should have switched to the 11k this morning. Instead I get 40s, drizzle and wind tomorrow. At least I won last night. And maybe this is a good sign--it was $131.

DavePNW, did the doctor have any input?

LRB

Honey, I'm home.

This reminds me of a line from Link in The Matrix Reloaded, which, will not get repeated here. lol

Yes, I PRd the Martian 5k course twice despite less than favorable conditions. Although I didn't run in rain or extremely high wind either time. It was just cold, which I can deal with.

delicate flower

19:30 5K, but what's important here is that I won the focking race!  I'll need to do an RR for this one  Fuckin A. What a feeling.

<3

Docket_Rocket

19:30 5K, but what's important here is that I won the focking race!  I'll need to do an RR for this one  Fuckin A. What a feeling.

Sweet!  And that trophy is gigantic!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Sweet!  And that trophy is gigantic!

Seriously it's a little obnoxious, even for me.

Currently eating victory pancakes and bacon.

<3

LRB

You deserve it!

Freaking awesome.

Dave

DavePNW, did the doctor have any input?

Basically just that we would look at the results of my blood work (which should have been in last week), and take it from there.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Happy Saturday, runners. We just got about 5" of snow, with another 5-8" coming. WTF?! But what makes this all a lot of bullshit is that it rained, which turned to sleet, before we got all this snow, so there's a bunch of ice on the ground under the snow. The Hot Chocolate actually cancelled their 15k and only hosted the 5k--so you can imagine the type of weather we're getting for a big race to change its event. Sigh. What can you do?! At this point you can only laugh. I'm sure we'll get warmer weather at some point in time?

JayB, so you know I've been dealing with Achilles Tendinopathy for like 2 years, and nerve flossing has helped a ton. Google it and see if you could add that into your mix (if you don't, already?).

Baboon, awesome job! Looking forward to reading your RR.

Docket, damn cats. It's the worst when something wakes you up, when you could have otherwise slept in.

LRB, lol. Big grin

Dave, welcome home! That sucks about your running, and hopefully your blood results can help shed some light on what's going on.

HC, what did you win?

I'm supposed to do 10 today, but like PleasantRidge my legs are still trashed and I just don't wanna. I may do a shorter run today and do my 10 tomorrow. We'll see.