Beginners and Beyond

Workout Wednesdailies (Read 22 times)

Wake up, you sleepyheads. 

9 miles with 3x2k + 2x400. Not so good. Can I still blame the vaccine? Also, windy. Got better by the end, but paces were just not where I’d like them.

Dave

delicate flower

HEY

you sleepyheads. 

You ain't kidding.  I woke up, rode the bike trainer for an hour, and went back to bed for two more hours.  Yesterday's Covid shot seems to be working me over because I am wiped out.  Not sick or anything...just extremely tired.  DW is also tired and has a blazing headache.  I guess that means the vaccine is working!  I have a run scheduled today too but will most likely skip it.

<3

You ain't kidding.  I woke up, rode the bike trainer for an hour, and went back to bed for two more hours.  Yesterday's Covid shot seems to be working me over because I am wiped out.  Not sick or anything...just extremely tired.  DW is also tired and has a blazing headache.  I guess that means the vaccine is working!  I have a run scheduled today too but will most likely skip it.

My arm is still a bit sore 48 hrs later, but much better than yesterday. I didn't get any tiredness, unless you count the fact that I actually got a decent night's sleep the last two nights, which sort of qualifies as excessive sleepiness by my standards. DW was kind of sleepy after her first, and very sleepy after her second (although no other symptoms). Not sure if this means your #2 reaction will be that much more severe, or if there's no relationship whatsoever.

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 3 x 1 mile / 1 min recovery. Went by feel and hit 8:56, 8:40 and 8:36. Not too shabby.

This is what happened to my running after the vaccine. May or may not be related. The last 3 weeks have been back to "normal".

^Whoa. What were your vaccine #1-2 dates? Maybe I should not have scheduled a race so close to #2—it’s 12 days after.

Dave

sdWhiskers

^Whoa. What were your vaccine #1-2 dates? Maybe I should not have scheduled a race so close to #2—it’s 12 days after.

The slogging period for me was between the 2 shots. I've been basically back to normal after #2. I wonder if it was more related to the high stress around getting the shots (#2 kept getting postponed due to no vaccine supply and I was scrambling to get an appt somewhere). Just wanted to throw this out as another data point.

bluerun

Super B****

7.45 with 8x2min, 1min recovery

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 on the treadmill & strength training.

DavePNW, there is no way I would have done an early morning workout after vaccine 1. After 2, not even an option.

Whiskers, wow, that's pretty dramatic.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I have a 10-mile pace run scheduled the day after vaccine #2.  I'm beginning to think I'll have to juggle my schedule a bit.

SRD today.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

I have a 10-mile pace run scheduled the day after vaccine #2.  I'm beginning to think I'll have to juggle my schedule a bit.

SRD today.

Yeah you might need to modify that goal to just getting out of bed. Or not. 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah you might need to modify that goal to just getting out of bed. Or not. 

This^. I got out of bed and then fell asleep on the couch.

sdWhiskers

This^. I got out of bed and then fell asleep on the couch.

I didn't get out of bed until after lunchtime the day after #2...

I didn't get out of bed until after lunchtime the day after #2...

I got out of bed after the 2nd, and was able to make it to the couch where I spent most of the rest of the day... then at 5:30pm I was suddenly fine.

rest day

Docket_Rocket

Operation Sneak into my Dad’s Room was successful. Sadly he was sedated so we don’t even know if he knew I was there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Not sure if I mentioned IN is making the vaccine available to 18+ as of the 31st. Sadly the state wide mandate is becoming a recommendation on April 6th. WTF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page