Beginners and Beyond

The truth about ThursDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

It's not Friday.  

LRB

It is pretty damn close though and that is good enough for me! 

As such I am headed out for 8.  See ya!

delicate flower

Ah, what a great start to my day.  In work at 7:00, annoyed by 7:15.

I had a pretty good run last night.  9 miles with 7 at GMP (close enough, anyway).  7:44 pace for the run.  I also went over 2,000 miles for the year, about two months later than DaveP.

We are going to get dumped on by rain today.  It supposed to be cold rain too.  So, my six weeks of no treadmill streak may be coming to an end today.

Shanah Tovah.

<3

B-Plus

It's not Friday.  

Today is my Friday!

I've got 6 miles I need to take care of at some point.

From the Internet.

G'morning! Backup child care was a no-go (apparently you have to book more than one day ahead of time to get a sitter on no-school days, suppose I should have seen that coming) so I'm at home with the kid today and tomorrow. My boss is going to keeeeell me next week - I would have prioritized things differently Monday-Wednesday if I had known I wouldn't be at work.

Ran a really nice easy 3.5 last night - 9:40 pace, what? I even saw a number starting with an 8 until I purposely slowed down a bit. Fall weather is just the best. Rest day today. Tempo or progression run on tap for tomorrow. Have a good one folks!

Docket_Rocket

Morning  Woke up with asthma and still insisted on going outside to run my MLR.  But, work interrupted so out of the 14 miles I had, I did 11 with 2 easy, 4 @ MP, 1 easy, 4 from MP to HMP.  The 3 cooldown miles will have to be done after Pilates tonight.  And that's how my coach makes sure I die during peak week, haha.  Still, even with the asthma, the paces went really well.

What?  IT'S NOT FRIDAY?

LRB, hope you enjoyed your 8.

Baboon, nice MP miles.

B+, enjoy your 6.

Lauren, sorry about the sitter issues.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Beautiful Thursday morning weather around here.   63 degrees, dew-point in the low 50s.   Up at 5 a.m. and went to Fort Sam Houston.  3.5 miles very easy recovery run after doing hills on Tuesday and a long run (for me 6 miles is long) on Wednesday.   Ran a mile or so with a few Army guys and gals, that was fun.  About the halfway point I was running in an empty parking lot and took a header right into the asphalt.  Well, landed on my elbow first, got that nice and scraped up.  Kind of dark at that point so did not see the parking spot curb and tripped right over it.  Also, my attention may have been diverted a bit by the cute Army lady running toward me.    Nothing seriously damaged, got up and finished my run/walk.

Hope your 8 went well, LRB.

Congrats, Baboon, on going over 2,000 miles!   Yeah, major storms (theoretically) for us tonite too...which is why I ran this morning. Besides, I have to get home after work and see if the Redskins can get their heads out of their butts and win a game on Thursday Night Football.

Nice having a 3-day weekend, B-Plus!

Well, enjoy the time with the kid, Lauren.  You are getting speedy!

Glad you were able to run, Damaris, in spite of the asthma.  Kick its butt!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Morning.

Babs - congrats on the 2000 miles! Huge deal. And it's not a competition. Well, maybe a little.

L'shana tovah to you & MBC too; get yourself all latke'd up, lots of good carbs there.

For me: 14 with 10 at GMP. A bit rough in spots, but got it done.

That's about it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Beautiful Thursday morning weather around here.   63 degrees, dew-point in the low 50s.   Up at 5 a.m. and went to Fort Sam Houston.  3.5 miles very easy recovery run after doing hills on Tuesday and a long run (for me 6 miles is long) on Wednesday.   Ran a mile or so with a few Army guys and gals, that was fun.  About the halfway point I was running in an empty parking lot and took a header right into the asphalt.  Well, landed on my elbow first, got that nice and scraped up.  Kind of dark at that point so did not see the parking spot curb and tripped right over it.  Also, my attention may have been diverted a bit by the cute Army lady running toward me.    Nothing seriously damaged, got up and finished my run/walk.

Hope your 8 went well, LRB.

Congrats, Baboon, on going over 2,000 miles!   Yeah, major storms (theoretically) for us tonite too...which is why I ran this morning. Besides, I have to get home after work and see if the Redskins can get their heads out of their butts and win a game on Thursday Night Football.

Nice having a 3-day weekend, B-Plus!

Well, enjoy the time with the kid, Lauren.  You are getting speedy!

Glad you were able to run, Damaris, in spite of the asthma.  Kick its butt!

I am jealous.  It was already 87F when I started my run at the wee hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I've been snuggling with my big fat tortoiseshell cat for over an hour now and the kid is coloring quietly (quiet?? What is quiet? Why is this happening?). Not a bad way to spend a dreary Thursday! Smile

StepbyStep-SH

Taking my SRD. Had thought about an extended lunch to run to the Y, do a strength training class and run home, but since my brain couldn't function to work at 5 this morning, I'll need to work through the day. The struggles of working from home on a flexible schedule. I know, it's rough, but I manage.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Morning.

Babs - congrats on the 2000 miles! Huge deal. And it's not a competition. Well, maybe a little.

L'shana tovah to you & MBC too; get yourself all latke'd up, lots of good carbs there.

For me: 14 with 10 at GMP. A bit rough in spots, but got it done.

That's about it.

My lovely wife does not make me attend Rosh Hoshana or Yom Kippur services or gatherings.  I have threatened to bring her to church on Christmas and Easter if she did.  

Nice run, Dave!  That's a hell of a workout.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

4.2 miles for me and Rocky.... I need more Fridays dang it and more coffee.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

More easy miles last night and tonight. It should be cooler today, all the way down to 90 or so. Coming back from injury, I'm guessing I will run nothing but easy pace for the next few weeks the mpw between 50-75% of usual. I feel like doing a few strides but there is no point right now.

Bye.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry you're feeling like that Jack, you should have some Pumpkin Spice donut balls. I just had some and they are delicious, I love just about anything pumpkin.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)