Beginners and Beyond

San Antonio Road Runners Women's 5K and 10K (Read 3 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For this event, held on July 14, 2018, I participated as a packet pickup volunteer and then on race day as an ‘unofficial photographer” volunteer, taking over 150 photos before the start, at various points along the course, and then after the finish.  The photos are located at the link below for your viewing pleasure. Of course, for this event, I did dress 'appropriately', lol...

This is a very popular local event put on by the the largest running club in San Antonio.  Participants this year numbered around 700 or so, if I remember correctly, maybe even more than that.  Course location was in an affluent San Antonio neighborhoods known as Alamo Heights and Lincoln Heights  Locally based company H-E-B was the primary sponsor, kindly letting the event use its parking lot area at the H-E-B store in Lincoln Heights for race activities.   Race start time was 7 a.m. for the 10K, 7:30 a.m. for the 5K.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156596739372082.1073741897.592077081&type=1&l=c6483c26d0

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt