Beginners and Beyond

Feeling like spending some money on running stuff, any ideas what I should get? (Read 191 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just out of curiosity, looking through RW mag I see these two foam rollers, there is also the Cold roller but I don't know. I feel like spending some money right now, so I am just curious if anybody has tried those two and if they are any better than the regular foam rollers?

I am just going through the magazine ads seeing if there is anything I could blow some money on that can also be useful .

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I've used the Grid roller -- it doesn't seem that different to me from a regular high density roller, but I'm guessing it will probably last longer.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've used the Grid roller -- it doesn't seem that different to me from a regular high density roller, but I'm guessing it will probably last longer.

I got my regular foam roller from Target so I don't know if it is a high density roller, it works okay. Maybe I'll change the title asking what should I splurge a little on Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

I think the ones from Target are closer to a fat pool noodle... a high density foam roller is much firmer, but it's still foam.  The Grid has a hard plastic tube on the inside, so it's even firmer than that.

But if you REALLY want to experience pain and suffering, go for the Rumble Roller.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ultra Cowboy

Well I'm a size 11.5 Wide in New Balance and I've been eying a new pair of trail shoes... Huh ?  Huh?  Wink.. Wink...

WYBMADIITY

Save

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, though I have been eyeing a new pair of trail shoes lately, I am not exactly due for new shoes for at least a couple months...................  though new shoes would make me happy.

PRs