Beginners and Beyond

Looking for a small juicer (sorta RR) (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have been buying Naked juice for over a month for my son, because he will not eat real fruit or vegetables and I try to make sure he is getting his servings of those items. Unfortunately there's been rumors over the Naked brand and I come to find out that it is a by-brand of Pepsi so I kind of want to steer away from it. I am looking for a juicer, not a large one that takes up counter space as we don't have much of that anyways, but one I can use and then put away until I need it again. Any advice?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

What kind of rumors are there, and what's wrong with Pepsi?

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can't find the articles now but something about certain chemicals, and it not being truly as naked and natural as they claim, blah blah blah. And I try to avoid pepsi and coca-cola products. And I am just trying to gradually move more towards natural and clean foods.

Oh and there was an article about energy drinks containing bull sperm................ not sure about that one haha.

What kind of rumors are there, and what's wrong with Pepsi?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Have you tried the Odwallas?  Having said that, there is no such thing as natural unless you juice it yourself.  Any juicer that is from a good quality brand will work.  Mine is a pain to wash so I hardly use it anymore.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm sure you are better off making your own juice, because you know what's in it. Although in general drinking juice is not the same as eating fruit. With juice you are getting all of the sugar, without the fiber.

And here are some other Pepsi products you can avoid:

- Gatorade

- Tropicana

- Lipton tea

- Quaker oats

Sorry I don't have an answer to your actual question. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I'm sure you are better off making your own juice, because you know what's in it. Although in general drinking juice is not the same as eating fruit. With juice you are getting all of the sugar, without the fiber.

And here are some other Pepsi products you can avoid:

- Gatorade

- Tropicana

- Lipton tea

- Quaker oats

Sorry I don't have an answer to your actual question. 

Juicing is healthier for other reasons too.

ETA (I'm cooking, so bear with me)..especially since the juice is not solely fruits, but vegetables.  My favorite has green apples, kale, cucumbers and lettuce.  It tastes like apple juice but it's so much more and healthier for the body.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Rather than juicing (and throwing away all the pulp), I would get a blender and make smoothies - you can add water to get a thinner consistency, but still have the fiber, etc. We have the Nutribullet - $99, small, blend and drink in the same container. You could start with the combinations that he seems to like from the drinks you currently buy, and then introduce new flavors. By doing it this way, you could also start leaving it a bit "chunky" to see if he will eat the pieces in it (of course, that won't work with a straw or sippy cup).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Village people

Juice is not a substitute for the real thing. Step by Step mentioned the Nutribullet. I used that to make babyfood but it is a great way to mix foods that kids like with those they don't. Texture is also a problem for many kids. Eventually he is going to have eat real fruits and vegetables. Grinding it up lets you control the texture. Most of my kids would not eat fruit. It took a bit of work to get them to eat it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think texture is the problem, and he is in a stage of throwing it to the dog if it feels funny to his fingers Sad I don't know if he'd like the pulp but I wouldn't throw it way, I would probably make a smoothie with it for me. I am hoping that this stage won't last too long Sad

He won't even really let me spoon feed  him now except for greek and regular yogurt,.

PRs

StepbyStep-SH

I think texture is the problem, and he is in a stage of throwing it to the dog if it feels funny to his fingers Sad I don't know if he'd like the pulp but I wouldn't throw it way, I would probably make a smoothie with it for me. I am hoping that this stage won't last too long Sad

He won't even really let me spoon feed  him now except for greek and regular yogurt,.

With some water in it, you don't even notice it in the Nutribullet. My husband makes green smoothies (no yogurt - just fruit, veggies and water), and they really don't have much texture.

And don't quit offering him solid fruits and veggies - remember that kids may reject a food 7-15 times before accepting it. How old is he? I was thinking 2? Try giving him something to dip his fruit or veggies in - peanut butter, applesauce, yogurt ... My son loved to dip fruit in yogurt when he was that age.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.