Beginners and Beyond

Throw-It-Down Thursdailies (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So Dorian threw up last night, twice... not sure what got him sick, but he's feeling a whole lot better this morning. I'm hoping that after dropping him off at school, I can get somewhere and run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Hope he feels better.

We are in Valdosta, FL which is 2 hours short of where I wanted us to be yesterday. We have 11 hours to drive today if we want to make it there tonight. Waiting for my dad to get ready to start our second leg.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!!  It's Pay Day and the department phones are up to their usually pay day shenanigans.  Fortunately that is all stuff for the staff to handle while I sit here drinking coffee and e-chatting with you fine people.  I've got an easy run to do later.

We are in Valdosta, FL which is 2 hours short of where I wanted us to be yesterday. We have 11 hours to drive today if we want to make it there tonight. Waiting for my dad to get ready to start our second leg.

It's kind of funny that you left yesterday and are still in Florida.  Have a safe trip the rest of the way!

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's kind of funny that you left yesterday and are still in Florida.  Have a safe trip the rest of the way!

I guess you missed this in yesterday's thread

Florida is too fucking long. The end.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

'Morning!!  It's Pay Day and the department phones are up to their usually pay day shenanigans.  Fortunately that is all stuff for the staff to handle while I sit here drinking coffee and e-chatting with you fine people.  I've got an easy run to do later.

Ha. It’s in GA but apparently my brain thinks I’m in FL. 🤦‍♀️  It is the first “city” after the FL/GA line.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Change of plans, even though he seems to be feeling better we decided to keep him home. I called his school and apparently there is a stomach bug going around in the school. Thankfully though, my son is like me and quickly recovers from things like this so I'll probably take him in the stroller here in about an hour or so.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Woke up at 4:30 for 8 on the AlterG...

1mi w/u
                -----------
                6 mile progression:
                mile 1 MP + 15 sec
                mile 2 MP + 10 sec
                mile 3 MP + 5 sec
                mile 4 MP + 0 sec
                mile 5 MP - 5 sec
                mile 6 MP - 10 sec
                -----------
                1mi c/d

And then I went to PT. Fun times!! I'm so tired I am dizzy.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I took the morning off and will run after work. With my newfound free time, I managed to forget my glasses. 

Cyberic

Found an iPhone on my run commute this morning, on the sidewalk. Hesitated between leaving it there in case the person doubles back to look on the ground, or pick it up and try to give it back. I chose the latter. The phone had no lock code on it, so I used her email app to send her an email giving her my real email. We have an appointment at lunch so I can hand her her phone back. I enjoy being a good person.

RunningOnSand

Change of plans, even though he seems to be feeling better we decided to keep him home. I called his school and apparently there is a stomach bug going around in the school. Thankfully though, my son is like me and quickly recovers from things like this so I'll probably take him in the stroller here in about an hour or so.

Yeah, our school has a policy that 1) no kid can go to school until they've been puke/diahrrea free for 24 hours, and 2) they have been fever free (they count a 100* as the cut off) for 24 hours. Probably wise

RunningOnSand

Found an iPhone on my run commute this morning, on the sidewalk. Hesitated between leaving it there in case the person doubles back to look on the ground, or pick it up and try to give it back. I chose the latter. The phone had no lock code on it, so I used her email app to send her an email giving her my real email. We have an appointment at lunch so I can hand her her phone back. I enjoy being a good person.

Paying it forward! I think if more people did simple acts of kindness (like yourself here), the world would be a better place.

RunningOnSand

I'm eating a super late breakfast, and I'm hoping to get out for a run today. it was 45* on my walk with my pooch this morning! Felt awesome!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Had a nice, easy group run last night. I don't think I'll get a run in tonight as it's the party for Akron. They'll honor Des tonight and she'll give a little speech...hopefully she's as entertaining as I have her built up to be in my mind lol.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Paying it forward! I think if more people did simple acts of kindness (like yourself here), the world would be a better place.

I agree totally.

onemile

Yeah I like the gray one, I plan to buy it, I just won't wear it in New York since doing so is apparently frowned on by the hobby jogger elites. I'll wear my fugly Boston jacket instead.

I ended up buying the 2018 one I linked to last week. It's a pretty nice jacket actually. the wind cheater material is fairly thick and it is nicely fitted with longgg sleeves that come halfway down my hands (perfect).