Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Father's Day Weekend (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Morning, PAD!  We are up in the Seattle area today, and once everybody is up and around, are heading up to Vancouver.  Probably run 4 this evening. Smile

PADRunner

Morning Z. 6.5 done this morning. Work later...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

It has been a while! I am on week 3 of no running but I am in a good gym routine. I drop DD2 off at school at 7:15 and go do 60 minutes on the elliptical and then do my core workout. I like going early because it is the old retired crowd. My mom had her second cancer surgery just yesterday and she is doing ok.

I have been lurking but not posting because I am not running, so...

Hog and Traci: well done with the Angels! That is super cool!

hog4life

Pad, good job getting the miles in.

Jack, glad to hear you are able to do a little work at the gym. I would probably opt for straight time off in your situation. Ainsley's Angels is a blast!!

Zel, hi ya!

So, 5k this morning in 28:15 ish with the stroller. Team 2 was a little over 30:00, so awesome day! I hope to run a little when I get off work. Got a question, if you get time, can you look at my log? I tried to plug in my work days, and modify the running based around that silly work schedule I have. I would like to hear your opinions on the way it's laid out. I tried to put one speed work day in per week, with one LR, and the rest easy effort but trying to up the distance of the mid week runs. TIA

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all

i got in 4.1 miles this morning.  Hot, slow miles.

nice job Mitch and Traci

Running for TJ because he can't.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Six today.  Feeling very frustrated that I can't manage to hit a pace that I held three months ago for a half, for more than two miles.  Guess the month of lung stuff knocked me back more than I thought... or maybe I just am genetically incapable of improving.  I was faster a year ago as a newbie with six months' experience.  Bleh.

Nice day otherwise though. Took the kid to the gardens and the children's museum, and fajitas for dinner.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hiya!  Ran 5 on the TM just now.  Hubby ran on it earlier.  It's as usual, mid 90s, 75 dewpoint, or the Everglades!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

First time that I registered early for a race.   RnR Seattle (June 2016).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

First time that I registered early for a race.   RnR Seattle (June 2016).

Sweet!  We might be there.  We will likely purchase the 3 RnR races a year, so it depends on the destinations we choose.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sweet!  We might be there.  We will likely purchase the 3 RnR races a year, so it depends on the destinations we choose.

Don't say anything to DW.  She doesn't know about the race or cruise. When do they typically start the hotel partner deals?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't say anything to DW.  She doesn't know about the race or cruise. When do they typically start the hotel partner deals?

I am not friends in FB.  I seriously doubt I would be able to tell her something unless you want me to pick up that Mtn Dew yelling see you in Seattle? LOL.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

She has no FB friends, not even me.  You won't see us in Chicago either as we will be in New England for a wedding.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She has no FB friends, not even me.  You won't see us in Chicago either as we will be in New England for a wedding.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Mitch and Traci - good job on the Angel races.

PAD - good job on the early run.

Z - I hope you're enjoying Vancouver.

D - good job on the TM run.

emmbee - it might be the heat as well, slowing you down.  If it's lost fitness from being sick, give it six weeks or so and you should see a difference.

Jack - I'm glad you're able to keep up your training, even if you can't run.  You should be able to come back quickly, since you won't have lost much if any fitness.  When will you be able to hit the streets?

Robert - good job getting the run done, despite the heat and humidity.

Jerry - that is really early to sign up.  Did you sign up for that one without consultation because it is a special occasion?    With my injury history, I usually sign up the week before the race, if not the day of.

URD for me.  The knee kept me awake last night, so even though it didn't hurt this morning when we walked Ben, it seemed better to give it another day of rest.