Beginners and Beyond

Get Dirty Fall Trail 15k Race RR (Two Badass Floater Pics on Page 3) (Read 88 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you! It's nice that we can be so encouraging to each other during races all while still be competitive, that is one the things I love most about running and racing.

Congratulations on second place!  Well done!  Love how you use the competition around you for motivation in your races.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Agreed.  It's a funny mix of camaraderie and competition.  But that makes so much more sense than racing the clock on a trail course.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes indeed, I went by feel but was happy with my pace and time just the same and with my placement. The woman who won had a time of 1:12:something, I have yet to reach that one a road race for 9.3 miles so I know there was nothing I could have done to reach her or pass her. It's all good though, I am more than pleased with the way I ran the race and I feel I could have gone another 3.8 miles on the course. I know they're having a 13.1 mile race on those trails at some point next year so we'll see.

Agreed.  It's a funny mix of camaraderie and competition.  But that makes so much more sense than racing the clock on a trail course.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Love the Half

I was a little nervous this morning, but my main plan was to enjoy the race and finish it. My big goal was to place in the top 3 in females, so I was hoping there wasn't a whole lot of women in the 15k distance. It was 55 degrees when I got up so I wore my shorts, short sleeves and my new shoes. Mom came over to watch Dorian, even though it was warm enough it was still damp and I didn't want him out in it.

It was about 57 degrees when we got to Angel Mounds, but the windchill definitely made it a bit nipply. I was looking around, there wasn't a lot of runners so I was hoping and praying that I might place in the top 3.

We started off at 9 a.m for the first 5k lap, I didn't want to go too fast because I figured most people were doing the 5k and very few were running the 15k (I was hoping).

Mile 1 - 8:50

Mile 2 - 9:06

Mile 3 - 9:12

I saw quite a few people dropping off at the 5k mark, the two women who had gotten in front of me were still ahead but I think one of them had dropped at the 5k mark. Around 3.5 on the levee I saw the other woman up ahead about 50-75 feet but I was still hoping she was doing the 10k. I was still doing really good, the trails were awesome and I pulled my shirt off around 3.3 miles.

For some strange reason, I never managed to make it past this point in your RR.  Big grin

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol! I made sure to include that little detail, as I feel it was a very important one, I hoped someone would appreciate it. Big grin

PRs

happylily

Congratulations, FS! You've been running great!

P.S. Why don't you post here the three pictures of you at the event that you showed us elsewhere? Please. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wait, I didn't? Are you sure, I could've sworn I edited my RR with the pics.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Since most who've already read it probably aren't going to go back to page 1 and the RR I will repost the photos here.

Coming around to the finish:

Rocking my 2nd place Bling

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Your DH is a good photographer, he knows how to take a really good "Great Legs" photo!  Joking  Hey, that looks like a floater to me.

Congrats on your 2nd place finish, enjoy that bling, you earned it!  Those 'sexy shoes" are keepers, they were very lucky for you!

Good luck at your Thanksgiving race.   I smell PR for you coming up!  And we dogs have a great sense of smell.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

The 9:03 pace is not far off your last half marathon pace of 8:55.  What was the surface like?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Scotty, he's getting better but only when the weather isn't changing, luckily it stayed overcast and cloudy and he got lucky. Some other images were a bit blurry.

LRB - dirt and roots, winding trails, 2 boardwalks or bridges that were really slick if you weren't careful. It was a relatively flat course, overall elevation gain according to my garmin was 104 feet. I've been running these trails about every other day for over a month so I knew the turns really well. And keeping a pace around 9 min/mile is getting  a lot easier for me Smile

What is weird though, they have the results that I had a 8:41 min pace but that must have been a mistake or something.

The 9:03 pace is not far off your last half marathon pace of 8:55.  What was the surface like?

PRs

LRB

What is weird though, they have the results that I had a 8:41 min pace but that must have been a mistake or something.

Yes, that is a finish time of 1:22 for 15k.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah and that is weird, because I know their chip time for me was 1:24:18 while my garmin said 1:24:04.

Yes, that is a finish time of 1:22 for 15k.

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow yay you! You are really raking the in the awards lately....2nd place female is a great accomplishment!!!!

A random and personal question.....do you find that those sports bras with the skinny straps are supportive enough to run in? That's what I would do yoga in, or wear to do errands on weekend when I don't feel like putting on a real bra or real clothes. Couldn't imagine running in that!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks, I am hoping to PR at the Turkey Dash 5k next Thursday.

Lol, for me with hardly any boobies yeah. After breastfeeding, I ended  up smaller than I was before pregnancy so I don't even wear real bras, as they just don't fit right and sports bras are so comfortable - and I am always ready for an activity Smile

Wow yay you! You are really raking the in the awards lately....2nd place female is a great accomplishment!!!!

A random and personal question.....do you find that those sports bras with the skinny straps are supportive enough to run in? That's what I would do yoga in, or wear to do errands on weekend when I don't feel like putting on a real bra or real clothes. Couldn't imagine running in that!

PRs