Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins -Your Body Has To Last You A Lifetime! (Read 41 times)

Mmmmm...beer

7.4 miles done, with a lil rain to cool me down, 66* out today. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Finally having lunch after a 5 hour flight that only served drinks.  Which is wht I hate AA.

SRD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Whoa...now I'm cutting grass, and washing cars for the entire colony!  Scotty wants me to move to Texas!?  Haha...you guys are great.

No Zel, it's not taper madness.  I don't taper that long for a half :-)  It's just the generic run of the mill madness.

I wanted to come home and go straight out for a run, but P3 asked if I had any plans for dinner.  So, I rushed home and whipped something up to surprise her.  I think she'll be surprised, but I'll still get in 8-9 miles tonight.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Afternoon friends!  I know I'm late to the party, but if anybody's around HI ya!

Jen16- good to have you back!   LOL@you!  You're such a hoot, and I'm so glad you didn't lose a leg to a gator!   Sounds like you had a nice, busy vacation.  Maybe now that you're back at the grind you can get some rest in?

Yup, Scotty, I think I could go for that sausage wrap after a race.  I think I need to pick more races out based on the post-race treats.

Well today, I'm late getting on today because I had a long drive up to Tucson to bring my son to the airport (going to TX for spring break.)  While I was there I stopped by a place called Colossal Cave Mountain park, and did my run there.  This was the first time I've ever ran on the Arizona trail which goes through the park.  I did 6-1/2 rolling trail miles.  It was sooo beautiful and fun to be in a new location.  I wanted to take a picture and show y'all but I'd forgotten my phone (camera).   I think when I have more time I'll have to go back!  Then when I got back homeish, I drove straight to my little mountain path, and did a short quick hike up there to really make sure my legs got a workout.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

8 miles on the dreadmill.  If all feels well tomorrow morning I'll consider my knees back to normal.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice race Jen!

Scotty wow! You are such a trooper after all you have been through!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone. Did 4 miles total today. 1 mile I ran with my wife, 1 mile I ran on my own and the other 2 miles were covered while we did the C25K with our friends. Also done my pull up challenge workout. Taking a few days to rest the legs (aside from running) all these leg workouts I have been doing they were really not wanting to cooperate with me today. I told my buddy if he can continue to run at the pace he does during the 1 minute run increments he will be doing really good, we keep about a 9:45 avg pace. I wasn't running anywhere near that when I finished. I think he will slow down though once he starts having to run for several minutes at a time, plus I"m going to drop kick him in the face if he don't stop the smoking... He is trying really hard and has cut back a lot, I told him to just simply stop buying them, if they aren't at the house you can't smoke. I am hoping the running will inspire/challenge him to stop, I can't imagine doing both is easy... at least he has made a step in the right direction.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hi, guys.  Finally having lunch after a 5 hour flight that only served drinks.  Which is wht I hate AA.

SRD.

5 hours of drinking should be a good thing, but not enough for you to go to AA

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HA!!! Just laughed out loud at that one

5 hours of drinking should be a good thing, but not enough for you to go to AA

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Big grin

I will be here all week. Be sure to tip your waiters and waitresses.

HA!!! Just laughed out loud at that one

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

AA is American Airlines.

AA is American Airlines.

Yes. But that isn't as funny.

Tomas

Bin Running

Hope'smom, read about your knee.. Hope it heal soon.. If I remembered, you need to commute abt 60mins each way to work?

Mel, that watch video is pretty funny.. But I think only runner will understand the joke.. it took be 2 run to understand it.. So, I guess I am not a runner yet.. haaa

Jack, ermm.. I am guessing.. haaa that stuff is illegal from where I am. That ladder workout look brutual..  I tried it during my last HM training.. It's a love-hate relationship.

Jen,  Congrats on the PR! Glad the reptile didn't catch up on you.. So, that make you a fast one..

Coralie, it look promising.. but I am a little worried abt snakes.. will be bring phone to take some pics.. Normally, I take 1 day off before race.

Scotty, that's quite a list.. You are one tough cookie..

Liz, Good luck on the 3M

Ginny, Enjoy the RD..

Dave, wohoo for the 8M.. **round up always**

Damaris, Enjoy the RD.. Bring a GU next time..

Awood, So nice of you to do the yard, wash the car and cook dinner.. You are a perfect husband..

Cherie, Sound like a lovely place to run.. Would love to see some pics when you have them next time..

Vance, just in time for the 25K trail..

Jimmy, Good that buddy is taking a change in his lifestyle.. Cont to inspire him..

Tomas, you are too funny..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

T-Rod: I know, I was just having a go. Wink

Bin: It was brutal!! So brutal, in fact, that now I have a sore left Achilles! I may change my workout schedule because of it. I am currently doing two speed workouts a week, one intervals and one tempo run. I might change the intervals to an easy run. I think one tempo run a week is enough for me and I don't need to get injured.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

lol, Scotty, I'm not that gentle!!  Wink

Jack - a race near Santa Anita sounds cool!!  It would be neat to have a race actually near a track but I don't think the folks on the backside would appreciate it very much.