Beginners and Beyond

MothAudio (Read 120 times)

music_girl117

I'm not on here much anymore, but Mike (aka MothAudio) has passed away. I don't have any other details. Many of us knew him through the RWOL forums, and I know he popped in here sometimes too. He loved running so much and was so supportive of ALL runners, regardless of goals or pace or anything else. Please keep his three sons in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Oh no

Docket_Rocket

Very sad to hear about his passing. He was an inspiration. Thinking of his sons, whom he loved to pieces.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

What the hell????  Noooo.  Sad  Damn, he's been posting here as of this week.  This sucks.

<3

LRB

That's terrible.

LRB

At one time (before the big implosion) he kept a thread of his workouts. His note taking was impeccable. I've never seen anyone as meticulous in that regard.

Little Blue

Wow, so sad.  RIP, Moth. 

makinwaves

I've been a lurker here and the Runners World forums for many years. He has always been an inspiration. Rest easy my friend.

No more marathons

Mike's last post over in RWOL was two days ago when he posted that he had just run 8 miles and was heading off to the waterpark.

Damn, that's sad.

RIP MothAudio

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

What.  That's awful 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

I am so sorry. I loved reading his stories about running with the boys. He will be missed.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's so sad.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Do you have any details? Cause of death?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GinnyinPA

I'm really sorry to hear this.  He was just getting back to running regularly after a couple of bad years.

At one time (before the big implosion) he kept a thread of his workouts. His note taking was impeccable. I've never seen anyone as meticulous in that regard.

I didn't know him outside the forums, but if I had to make an assessment of him, it would be that he never did anything half-assed.

I was in an RA fantasy football league with him the past couple years, and it was insane how much he put into that. And he apparently had two other teams.

And his intense dedication to running and football and audio equipment was of course nothing compared to his dedication to his kids, whom he posted about incessantly.

RIP Moth.

Dave