Beginners and Beyond

Looks like we lost SaturDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Got 8 in this morning.  It was 40 degrees and I was HOT.  How about y'all?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

RunningOnSand

Sounds like similar weather over here, Bert. Nice job getting them done early.

My kids and their activities continue to mess with my run plans. I'm hoping to get in an 11-miler this afternoon, after my son's basketball game. We'll see if there's time? We've got plans tonight, too.

Docket, that would be so frustrating.

Cyberic

Got 8 in this morning.  It was 40 degrees and I was HOT.  How about y'all?

37 degrees here. I was afraid of being too hot, so I chose to go in shorts (almost knee length)  and a warm quarter-zip over a short sleeves T-shirt. Head band for the ears, and thin gloves. Was perfect. Ran 17.4 miles with 5 x 1 mile at MP.  It's a 2 mile loop and it was pretty windy, so I ran the mp parts with a tail wind, and the mile jogs with the head wind 

My kids and their activities continue to mess with my run plans.

That is why I moved my LR from Sunday morning to Saturday morning. It will be like that for a few months, until there's a new sports schedule for the kids. Then, I'll see when I can run.

Nada. Parking my ass all day on a flight to Japan. It left at 5:50 AM. On Saturday. At least it was an easy trip to the airport & through security, although the plane is packed. Had to set my alarm for 3:00 AM, but in fact woke up on my own at 2:50. OK then. Of course my luggage is being carried on this time.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

ROS - I didn't realize we were teammates in the miles game.  I'm double extra rooting for ya!

Cy - Nice running!  Glad you could take advantage of the balmy weather.  I will often swap LR's to Saturdays as well.  Sometimes it's just nice to get it done and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Dave - I have this mental image in my mind of you holding onto your luggage.   If it's a direct flight, you should be ok, but still.  I always wake up before the alarm when it's that early.  Weird, right?

Docket - This is a cross-post from another forum, but if you have nothing to do on Monday, then go grab one of these...

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 9 miles. Ran to the county Park and did a short loop on the trails. Probably would have been a good idea to wear trail shoes. 57 degrees meant muddy trails.

sdWhiskers

3.2 miles super easy this morning. Windy and cooler (50s) since we had a "winter storm" last night. The weather folks were talking about the rain in terms of hundredths of an inch...so enough to cause accidents during the Friday night commute but not enough to stop another drought. People here lose their heads when it sprinkles.

I also did a leg workout last night with my trainer (at lower than normal intensity) and ran there and back for 1.2 miles in the "rain". I feel like I haven't run in years.

My brother is affected by the shutdown... although in his texts to me, his autocorrect keeps changing it to shitdown

Runshortii

1:36:32 at the F^3 HM in Chicago. I finished and proceeded to dry heave so I would say it was a success

LRB

1:36:32 at the F^3 HM in Chicago. I finished and proceeded to dry heave so I would say it was a success

PRs are always nice, and sometimes twice as much.  

GinnyinPA

Runshortii - congratulations.

Cyberic

Bravo! (Not used much in English, but my native tongue is Fench, so... )

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I went to OTF and ran 2 miles of hills.  I have 3 more miles tonight.

Congrats, shortii!

I'll take a Flake or not to Flake.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats on the PR Runshortii!

Runshortii

Thanks everyone! I’ll report more on it later. Walked around the Shedd Aquarium for awhile and I still have to work 4 hours tonight 

onemile - good call on the shorts

delicate flower

1:36:32 at the F^3 HM in Chicago. 

That's movin' right there!  Nice job, shorti!

'Morning, kids!  I worked for six hours this morning, which I am not thrilled about but I sure did get a shitload of work done.  I was feeling buried and today helped ease some of that, so going in was worth it.  Then I ran 6.25 miles, and 48 degrees felt so, so nice with all the cold weather we've had lately.  More of the same tomorrow.

<3