Beginners and Beyond

Dark, Cold, Wind & Rain equals Indoor TuesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

7 on the belt.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 8 with 3 @ HMP tonight.  Court all day, gah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 miles.  I never thought I'd say that again.  Double-digits FTMFW.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Great to see, PR!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Picked up my first bike last night! Big grin Can't wait to get home and take it for a spin around the neighborhood before I run later! Longer ride will have to wait for the weekend because the traffic on main roads at 4-5 PM terrifies me. I had a cheap mountain bike as a middle/high school kid but haven't owned one since then. Seriously considering going back for the Specialized road shoes that are on sale until April 8...

From the Internet.

And down the rabbit hole she goes.

You called it, lol. Dreaming of my first tri bike now! I won't outgrow this for a couple of years but a second bike is already in my longer term plans, haha.

delicate flower

Garmin Connect is down.  RAGE!!!

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Garmin Connect is down.  RAGE!!!

Looks like it's back up now.  I thought it was me and kept fidgeting with my Garmin and laptop much of the morning.

Lauren - Enjoy your new ride!!!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

You called it, lol. Dreaming of my first tri bike now! I won't outgrow this for a couple of years but a second bike is already in my longer term plans, haha.

I am totally pleased with the bike I bought, which just hit 3k miles last week.  That hasn't kept me from bike browsing on the internet, though.   After I get myself a shed, I'll probably have to be careful of looking at bikes for sale.

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Nice ride, Lauren!  FYI the correct number of bikes to own is always "one more."

Looks like it's back up now.  I thought it was me and kept fidgeting with my Garmin and laptop much of the morning. 

Their status website is useless.  It's always says it's 100% up.  I knew it was finally up a little while ago when my device buzzed that my swim had been uploaded.

<3

GinnyinPA

Garmin was acting up on Sunday as well. I uploaded my run, but it wouldn't let me access it.

Lauren - nice bike. I'd like to get one, but the roads around here are not bike friendly. (Narrow, hilly, and windy with very few bike lanes except on the main highways.)

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG, which my knee hated less than the bike yesterday (but my shin didn't). It's hard to cater to so many different injuries at the same time.  Swimming later.  It pisses me off that even though the pool is open until 9:30, I have to leave earlier because, you know, sleep.  Which wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to go to work in the morning.  Hmph.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

9 miles with 10 strides. It felt a lot longer than it should have. The strides were actually a welcome addition  and helped the last 2 miles go by faster. But, not looking forward to the MLR scheduled for tomorrow. It's gonna be a chore.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Question:  is it just me, or is 10:00 am a little late in the morning to start a 10k race in mid-May?  Won't the day be getting hot by then?  I haven't run a lot of 10k races so I don't have personal experience to fall back on.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Spring Distance Classic 5k, 3/24; RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Question:  is it just me, or is 10:00 am a little late in the morning to start a 10k race in mid-May?  Won't the day be getting hot by then?  I haven't run a lot of 10k races so I don't have personal experience to fall back on.

Where is the race?  10 AM seems late more due to getting a closed course (or less crowded one) is easier earlier in the morning on weekends.  A race like that I'd make a call earlier in the week when the weather forecast becomes more accurate.

OTOH - The Queens 10K in 2016 was a total suck-fest at that started at 7:30 AM in June.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours