Beginners and Beyond

Hello Weekend!! Saturdailies! (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.8 beautiful miles, and loved every minute of it.  Now I need to mow for about 3 hours, which I will not be loving.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

FS - that's just a little too happy.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Good morning!

I ran 6.8 beautiful miles, and loved every minute of it.  Now I need to mow for about 3 hours, which I will not be loving.

PR, can I count this as done for me too?  This is what I need to do today and I'm not looking forward to either.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I was planning to race a 5k this morning but it is 20mph wind with gusts to 30mph so I decided to do one tomorrow instead. There are two options to choose from and both seem okay. Trying to find more info on them.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS - that's just a little too happy.

I was looking for something naughty, but too lazy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So apparently my post didn't load, Jetta and I ran 7 miles. Sunshine and 55 degrees, we saw some cows, horses and rescued a little frog off the road.

The frog after I picked it up and moved it to a safer location away from the road.

Some of the cows

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

More cows

PRs

Cyberic

Ran to the track, did 8 x 200m, then ran back. 8.4 miles total. I would have usually run longer than that on a Saturday, but I would not have done 200s. I already had 2 workout days this week, so today I tried to continue my shift towards speed work without the fatigue of a workout. It worked, as I'm not really tired.

LRB

Today was track day for me as well but for some strange reason I just wasn't feeling it. I went through the motions and jogged up there anyway but cut it short and came home. It's weird but I just wasn't there mentally. My legs didn't seem to have any life either so I didn't force it.

It sucks but I am not going to have a repeat of last year where I ignored these things. I had a great run Wednesday and don't want to sabotage those gains and my confidence running some raggedy ass workout because it's on the calendar.

MTA: 5 miles total.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Feeling much better but missed a 10K I always do this Saturday to benefit ALS.  And the weather was in the low 60s, never before seen for that race.  Of course.  Since I'm not running it.  Might get to run today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning!

I need to mow the lawn today too. Should take me about 20 min. Downsized the yard when we moved here, cuz ain't nobody got time for that.

Dave

Runshortii

I was planning to race a 5k this morning but it is 20mph wind with gusts to 30mph so I decided to do one tomorrow instead. There are two options to choose from and both seem okay. Trying to find more info on them.

Raced a HM this morning right on Lake Michigan with gusts up to 33 mph. Guess I can't be too disappointed only being 30 seconds off my PR. That wind was brutal

onemile

Raced a HM this morning right on Lake Michigan with gusts up to 33 mph. Guess I can't be too disappointed only being 30 seconds off my PR. That wind was brutal

That is the 5k I was going to do. Thank you for making me not regret backing out.

Nice job running so close to your PR in that!

Cyberic

Today was track day for me as well but for some strange reason I just wasn't feeling it. I went through the motions and jogged up there anyway but cut it short and came home. It's weird but I just wasn't there mentally. My legs didn't seem to have any life either so I didn't force it.

It sucks but I am not going to have a repeat of last year where I ignored these things. I had a great run Wednesday and don't want to sabotage those gains and my confidence running some raggedy ass workout because it's on the calendar.

MTA: 5 miles total.

I did the same on Thursday. I could have pushed through, but felt tired and just stoppped there.

I have nothing on the calendar, though. I just go through running without a plan these days.