Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: I celebrated Valentine's Day once; I won't do that stupid shit ever again (Read 38 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup.

It seems as if my body is fighting off another virus and I have just about had with sick people and their nasty ass germs. I mean, I'm just getting over some shit and now I feel like something else is coming on. Enough already!

Anyway, it would be nice to have only a short jog but no, I have 8, of course.

Whatever.

What 'chu got?

No more marathons

I've got 7, but probably will only do 5.5 or 6.  Only so much time at lunch.

Don't want to abuse the privilege.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

was born on Nov 13 so it seems my parents celebrated Valentine Day a day early lol.

I have 8 miles with a whole bunch of Berthas. I don't feel like doing them though. My lower back is aching from some sort of age related crap.

I feel for you LRB. Hubby is always fighting germs too

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Cyberic

Funny dailies pic Smile

I will do VO2Max intervals today. 2 reasons for not doing the 200s. 1st is they're hard on my body, as I've said before, and 2nd I probably will race in April instead of May, so I need to move on with the plan faster. So Phase III starts today, but might do a final Phase II session next week. Or not.

So 6x3 minutes, maybe? Or 5 of them? Not sure yet.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Valentine's day is meh, but the wife and I do exchange cards and a box of candy or some such.

I ran 8.6 miles of goodness.  I'm starting to like this running thing.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. At PT for an hour of torture. Another bike ride tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning, my little Valentines!  I said "Happy Valentine's Day" to the wife this morning.  She said "That's more than I got you."  Ha!

2400 yard masters swim done.  Some days you are the boat, and some days you are the anchor.  Today I was the latter.

<3

Docket_Rocket

PT said to bring my running shoes next time cause we might run some on the TM

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Funny dailies pic Smile

I will do VO2Max intervals today. 2 reasons for not doing the 200s. 1st is they're hard on my body, as I've said before, and 2nd I probably will race in April instead of May, so I need to move on with the plan faster. So Phase III starts today, but might do a final Phase II session next week. Or not.

So 6x3 minutes, maybe? Or 5 of them? Not sure yet.

How about 3 x (600m/500m/400m/300m/200m with 2 minute recoveries) starting at 5k pace and getting faster for each one?

Cyberic

How about 3 x (600m/500m/400m/300m/200m with 2 minute recoveries) starting at 5k pace and getting faster for each one?

That's good for you crazy coached people. Me, I will lay back and do a simple, short (35 minutes total) workout.

Seriously, though, that's a -explicit- hard workout.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Well 8 hilly Bertha miles turned into 8 neighbourhood miles as we had to take the van in to get brakes fixed. Not sounding so good. But it is sunny out and was a decent run.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

It seems as if my body is fighting off another virus and I have just about had with sick people and their nasty ass germs. I mean, I'm just getting over some shit and now I feel like something else is coming on. Enough already!

Seems to be flu. I can't catch a break. 

Anyway, I staggered through 8 miles and did 6 half ass strides and have alternated betweeen the chills and heat flashes ever since.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Seems to be flu. I can't catch a break. 

Anyway, I staggered through 8 miles and did 6 half ass strides and have alternated betweeen the chills and heat flashes ever since.

It's either the flu or menopause. Get some rest dude.

Lori

LRB

That's good for you crazy coached people.*

Me, I will lay back and do a simple, short (35 minutes total) workout.

Seriously, though, that's a -explicit- hard workout.

*Crazy is relative. That shit that Pfitz puts out there for MRT is borderline insanity. 70+ MPW, 22+ mile long runs, 12+ MLRs. -explicit- that! lol