Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Also known as Fat Thursday (Read 35 times)

LRB

Hi.

I ran for 50 minutes, the first 25 of which could've won an ugly contest. 👎

It's free slurpee day at 7-Eleven, so if you happen to see mobs of people carrying 5 gallon pails and stew pots, that's what that's all about. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh.... I felt drained this morning, maybe I'll get a run in this afternoon or evening..... depending on temps and stuff, since I'll be pushing the stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with another headache, FFS.  3rd in what, 10 days?  It's either something in the air (others are getting headaches here too) or the higher dose of the BP meds is giving me the headaches (it's the first and most common side effect).  Anyway, Pilates tonight!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

2mi dirt over bumps... is was gross out at 6am, worse now

onemile

I ran 10 this morning with URP. Was a bit late to work as a result but worth it to have it done and over with

Docket_Rocket

I forgot who was watching for the release, but the Vaporfly Next% was just released, FYI.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I forgot who was watching for the release, but the Vaporfly Next% was just released, FYI.

Uh, I am in the process of organizing a boycott against that shoe.  Because the insoles cannot be removed, it discriminates against people who need support. 

Hi.

I ran for 50 minutes, the first 25 of which could've won an ugly contest. 👎

It's free slurpee day at 7-Eleven, so if you happen to see mobs of people carrying 5 gallon pails and stew pots, that's what that's all about. lol

The first part of my 5 miles would have given you a run for your money in the ugly department.

BITD, I used to love a good Coke Slurpee once in a while, but had not had one in forever. One day a couple years ago I thought it sounded really good. It was so disgustingly sweet, I was only able to choke down about 1/4 of it before I gave up & tossed it.

Dave

Uh, I am in the process of organizing a boycott against that shoe.  Because the insoles cannot be removed, it discriminates against people who need support. 

It discriminates against people who don't want to spend a mortgage payment on a shoe.

Dave

onemile

It discriminates against people who don't want to spend a mortgage payment on a shoe.

I am pretty sure the COL is much higher than that in the PNW 

I am pretty sure the COL is much higher than that in the PNW 

Very, very true. You don't want to know what my mortgage payment really is. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

If it's anything like down here (and I have heard it's a bit more), you're fucked.

Mary texted me I can get a mansion with what I paid for this townhouse.  I can't fucking wait.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

If it's anything like down here (and I have heard it's a bit more), you're fucked.

Mary texted me I can get a mansion with what I paid for this townhouse.  I can't fucking wait.

My last house in MI was very close to being paid off. Moved out here and it was literally like starting all over again.

Dave

LRB

DavePMoneybags is in the building 

I have relatives west and east who deal with the same thing and although they're compensated appropriately, they all say you never really get used to seeing the numbers for a monthly lease or house note. Like it always boggles their minds.

LRB

My last house in MI was very close to being paid off. Moved out here and it was literally like starting all over again.

In just an absolute awesome area too.